22 | ᴄᴀʀ ʀɪᴅᴇ

A/N: Don't forget to VOTE please 🤍

Sophia's POV

We sat in his car, we were both silent and I knew that we both felt the stiff demeanor hanging in the air. As he turned the car around, he finally broke the thick layer of tension by asking me for my address, and I reacted by giving it to him. But, of course, not without a little stutter in the beginning.

 He sighed, and in a trice, he was facing me. I tried to, at first, avoid it, but I could tell that he wanted me to look, so I diffidently stopped giving him a view of my side-profile. 

"You know I won't bite, right?" His face was phlegmatic and severe, though if you were concentrated enough, it seemed as if he didn't want to scare me. He tried to talk in a soothing tone, and despite his low and rough voice, it did kind of help. 

"I think a lot of guys at school would disagree," I murmured under my breath, almost sarcastically, thinking he wouldn't hear me. Wrong.  

He chuckled, the low rumble echoing through my mind. I think it might have become my favourite sound. He confronted me again, fascination, maybe even astonishment on his facial features by what I said. Though of course he hid it as soon as it came, back to his emotionless face.  

When I noted that he overheard, I ranted on, afraid that I was being mean. Much to his amusement. "I just mean tha-that a lot of people are scared of you, you know. Like me, I'm sca- no wait, I'm not scared of you. I... You're just very intimidating, I mean." I sealed my lips after this, not desiring to embarrass myself even more.  

I couldn't decipher his expression, and couldn't help but question myself on what went on inside his mind. Is he even thinking about something?  He sometimes appeared so peaceful, I wonder if he has thoughts roaming his head like mine.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾   ★   ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Grayson's Thoughts

Why? Why, oh why did I insist on bringing her with me? 

I promised myself to stay away from her, for my and her own good, and for fuck's sake I couldn't even do that. 

At least her house is only a few blocks away.

Once she noticed that I had caught her staring at me, she immediately regarded the passing houses and bushes instead. A blush covering her neck and nose. But my focus remained on her. Oh, how absolutely heavenly does she look...

The way she nervously smiles at me when she sees me, even though I never return the gesture. The way she blushes 'til her cheeks are the color pink.

The color pink...the same colour her sweater once was when she went to school.

Yes, I remembered which color her sweater was. And not only that day.

This is just one of the many things she does to me. This is how she can mess me up. 

Again, without even noticing. 

While she minded her own business now, my mind went back to when she said I was intimidating. I wanted to smile. "A lot of people are scared of you," she had said. I liked that. People know who I am, they know not to mess with me because they know what I can do.  

But somehow I didn't. I didn't smile at all. I loved how kids from my school were terrified of me, but her... I don't know.