11 | 𝓔𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓲𝓮𝓼

Sophia's POV

Logan dropped me off in front of my classroom. He then went his own way, not before giving me a wink. 

After a few hours of mediocre-boring classes and neatly-written notes, lunch came around. I stood up from my chair, I was one of the last students in the room, when the teacher called me over. "Sophia, can you come here please? I'd like to speak with you."

Did I do something wrong? Am I in trouble? Oh no, it's only the fourth day at this school and I already have a complaint! My parents will ground me for life!

I warily walked over to his desk, preparing myself to get a warning. He was a really good teacher, he does his job well, but sometimes he can be a little strict. I still like him though.

"Don't worry, you're not in trouble." He must've seen my fearful expression and fumbling hands. I let my shoulders relax a bit. Oh. 

"I just want to make sure that everything is going okay. I want you to have a good time here, because you really are an excellent student, not to mention tremendously bright." His voice was calming and sincere.

Wow. That was...unexpected, but very considerate. "Thank you, Sir. Everything is going well here in school and with me," I said, giving him a warm smile. 

He nodded and returned the gesture. "Alright, that's great. You are dismissed."
I turned around but didn't make a move to leave. Kyle was standing in the doorway with a smirk plastered on his face. What's he doing here?

I put aside the thought and walked over to him. "Finally, what took you so long?" he asked me when he stepped aside. 

"I didn't think someone was waiting for me," I replied. He hummed and beckoned me to follow him. He went toward the canteen. Luckily, that was just where I was heading. 

I didn't ask him why he waited for me, in case it might have come out as rude, but he answered the question himself by saying, "Wanna sit with us today?"

My eyes went wide, was I ready for that? Sitting with Kyle, his friends and Grayson. 
"Come on, you were going to yesterday until Eve came along," he discussed. 

"Evie," I corrected him quietly. He seemed genuinely confused, but then a pleading face appeared instead, and I couldn't help but let out a giggle. Was he trying to give me the puppy dog-eyes? Because it certainly failed. 

"Fine, okay, I'll do it," I gave in and we opened the cafeteria doors. I heaved a sigh, immediately spotting Anderson, Jacob and Grayson sitting all together at a table. There was only one available seat left and I knew that it was Kyle's. 

"You know what? I'm just gonna eat with Evie or Natalie today," I said quickly. 

"What? No, why?" Kyle asked. "You told me-"

"There aren't enough chairs!" I interjected. It was true, but also kind of an excuse to get away. 

"Well, then you do this..." Kyle started, ending up with a grin on his face after he took an empty chair from another table. He held it up for me to see, raising his eyebrows at me with a smug look on his stupid but handsome face. 

"Okay then..." I muttered to myself, ambling exaggeratedly unrushed to the table. 

Kyle was already having a conversation with Jacob, no one has yet seen me here. Maybe I still have a chance to escape! I hastily turned on my heels and lifted my foot, but before I could set it down on the floor again, he called out my name.

"Sophia! What are you doing?" Kyle asked, looking me in the eye. At first, he seemed actually confused, but when you dug in deeper, you could openly see the knowing look on his face. I tried scolding him, but it clearly wasn't working since he chuckled at me.