39 | 𝓣𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷

Grayson's POV

"Calm down, she'll be fine." Even Anderson's voice I couldn't stand right now. 

"She can get fucking killed in there!" My hands were tangled in my hair, tugging at it every time an image of Sophia dead came into mind. 

"But she won't." I know he was trying to help me, but he really wasn't. "If they're not here in three minutes we can go check it out," he suggested. If we wait three minutes it's three more minutes of time Cassius has to kill her. I was angry, fuming. Especially toward Logan. The fucking traitor deserves to die. 

Kyle and Jake were here as well, slanting against the outer wall of the school building. Sophia warned us not to go in and we listened, but I'm getting tired of waiting for someone to get hurt.  

Just as I went over to the only unlocked door, it got pushed open itself. I stepped back and felt a tad of relief in me as Arabella appeared from the shadows. 

She was panting, utterly out of breath and sweaty. Her clothes had dirt on it and it made me wonder what the hell happened in there. "Gray...Grayson," she huffed out. And it was then that I noticed Sophia wasn't behind her. 

"Where's Sophia?" I asked without hesitation. "She said she was with you." 

Arabella shook her head limply. "She... She was." Was? 

"Yeah, but she went back," she continued after I gave her a snappy look.

"Back?" I didn't want to believe it. "Back where? In the building?" Arabella only nodded and I let out a groan of agitation. 

"I think she wanted to bring Logan," she admitted. I was exploding with questions and concern. Why didn't they just stick together?

"Why the hell would she do that?" This time it was Anderson doing the interrogation.

"Logan caught us trying to sneak out, he wanted to kill us, but Sophia convinced him to let us go," Arabella explicated. "And, I guess, she wanted to save him from Cassius." 

"No one can be 'saved' from Cassius," I muttered lowly. Or else none of us would be here right now. Everyone turned to look at me, I looked away.

Why does Sophia have to be so ignorant, does she have a death wish?

I walked past Arabella to the door, and before they could stop me, I said, "Someone has to get her. It's taking too long and Cassius will find them soon." 

"Two minutes, Grayson, then we go." Anderson spoke up anyway. And just as I was about to bite back, a raucous bang vibrated from inside. It was a sound I recognised all too well. The sound of a gun being fired.

Now we can't wait anymore. I swear to God, if Logan dared hurting Sophia...

Arabella knew were Sophia was seen last, so she had the lead, though in my opinion I was way too impatient for the moderate tempo she was running in.  

She halted when we rounded another corner, even though no one was there. I would've marked this hall as empty if I hadn't spotted a long figure lying on the floor in the shadows of the lockers. It definitely wasn't Sophia, she was tiny compared to this one. 

I was the first one who saw it and stalked closer. The frame was immobile, however it could've been a trick, so I plucked out my gun from my jacket. It was my gun, the one Cassius gave to Sophia to hand it to me.  

"Logan," I mumbled out loud. The red liquid was slowly oozing out of him, it's fresh. 

"Sophia wouldn't-" I put an end to that remark and said a single name that shut them up.