Chapter 2 | 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎

Sophia's POV

I walked into the classroom, hoping not to gain any attention from the students that were already in there. I looked up and was happy to see that I had entered the class unnoticed.

I was assuming that not everyone was in the here yet, since a few chairs were still empty and the bell had not rung. Not even the teacher was in here yet.

Did people have their own seats? Was there a seating chart? Probably not. I mean, it's the first day back. So, I guess I was allowed to sit at a desk my choice, right? I didn't want any drama, but decided to not just stand there in the middle of the doorway but go take a seat.

I hesitantly started taking steps towards one of the desks in the back of the room. A place where I wouldn't get that many stares and where most people weren't sitting. It was also next to a window, so that meant I could drift off into a peaceful daydream, while looking out the window if the lesson ever got too boring.

I placed my bag on the ground and pulled out the chair from under the table, grabbing the attention from some students. A few girls caught me, two of them looked at me, scanning my body up and down, and then narrowing their eyes at me. Again, seriously?

The two girls exchanged looks, like they were speaking to each other without actually saying words, and then finally they looked away, but not before scoffing.

I was about to shift my gaze somewhere else, but the third girl suddenly stood up and walked over to me. At first I wasn't sure if it was me she was aiming for, but when I glanced over my shoulder and saw no one, I visibly gulped. Why is she coming towards me? She's probably going to embarrass me in front of everyone, isn't she? I started freaking out slightly, having no clue what to do.

When she approached me and I saw a warm smile on her face, I visibly relaxed. She didn't seem mean, unlike the other girls. But never judge a book by its cover, right?

"Hey, sorry about them," she spoke softly, her voice sounding very soothing. I was about to reply, when I suddenly caught a glimpse of the view behind her when she made a move to stand closer to me, and I instantly regretted looking that way. The two girls were now glaring at me, hard.

"You don't have to pay any consideration to them, they're just like that with people like you," the girl in front of me said. I think she saw the confusion on my face as she started explaining. What did she mean by with people like me?

"I mean, you can't blame them," she laughed. "You're absolutely gorgeous!" I raised both my eyebrows at her. Well, I definitely wasn't expecting that... Was she even being serious, or was she only pulling a prank on me?

"What?" the girl asked when I didn't respond but simply stared at her like a mad woman. I shook my head; it didn't look like she was joking.

"Th-Thanks," I finally spoke. I blushed and looked down, face-palming myself for stuttering. I raised my head when she started speaking again. 

"So, what's your name? I'm Evie, nice to meet you," she put out her hand. Am I supposed to shake it? Of course you are, Stupid. What else are you going to do? I argued with myself again.

"Hi. I'm Sophia," I shook her hand gently and pulled back my arm. "Nice to meet you, too."
It felt like I've had this exact conversation three times before, and I think I have. Wait, does this mean that I have three friends now? I started getting a little excited.

"So, are you—" Evie was interrupted by the door opening unexpectedly. Not only her, but the entire class quieted down. The whole aura around the room changed, and not in a good way. It suddenly felt cold and... I don't know, just different.