27 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫

A/N: Here's for all the ppl mad at me about the cliffhanger 😭❤ 

Please don't forget to press the little ☆ on top :)

Sophia's POV

The text messages... I didn't know what to do. That person, he kept sending me things, things I'd wish he would stop doing. I scrolled through our conversations, looking back at what he said to me. 

Unknown: Hello, Sophia. It's so nice to finally get to see you. You don't know how long I've been waiting for this moment.

That was the first notification I got from this number. It happened whilst I was walking out of the school building, almost at the gates. I halted in my steps and scanned the grounds, but found no one looking at me. There were students on their phones, but come on, it could be anyone, even I was on my phone. 

At first, I chose to ignore it. My parents have taught me never to answer such texts if I don't know who they're from. But then, I got another 'ping'. 

Unknown: Why are you ignoring me, Sophia. You seem like a nice person, but this is just plain rude, don't you think?" 

Once again, I looked around, getting a bit scared, but didn't show it. I went to put my phone in my pocket but it vibrated in my hand. I grunted and read the message. 

Unknown: Haven't your parents taught you manners?

Who is this and what do they want from me? I thought, putting my hair behind my ear. I responded with the question I have been dreading to ask.

Unknown: No, no, no. That's not how this is going to work. I'll be asking the questions and you will answer them.

What's with this person? I don't even know who I'm talking to and they're already giving me commands? No, I said sternly to myself. 

Me: I'm not playing your game, if that's what you want. Please leave me alone.

Unknown: Oh but you're already in the game, Sophia. You're already a chosen character, and now we have to finish it. 

My mouth was now agape and I, for the third time, skimmed over the school grounds, but to no avail. Everyone was getting ready to leave the school. I was starting to freak out and I typed furiously on the keyboard.

Me: No, okay? This is the last time I'm telling you, I do not want to play, nor am I already 'in' your stupid game. Now stop texting me. 

His reply came after a few seconds, and I was pestering over if I should check. In the end, I decided to do it, ignoring the hard pounding of my heart against my chest. 

Unknown: Or what?

I was on the side-walk, going towards the house when I finally pressed the 'block' button and shut my phone off, not wanting to be on it for the rest of the day. 

That's how it started...the messages. But now, I was sitting on the corner of my bed, Grayson next to me, while I fiddled with the bracelet Liv gave me. (A/N: I know it was a necklace, but please excuse my mistake, I'm changing it to a bracelet.)

Before I even told Grayson about the situation I was in, I turned on my phone again, because I remember having to tell Evie and Bella if I could join them on a sleepover they were having at Bella's house. I asked my parents and they agreed to let me go. 

It was a mistake. I shouldn't have opened my phone again. Because guess what I found on my screen? Another private number's messages to me. As I read what he wrote, I felt tears burn my eyes. It was stupid, I'm stupid. I shouldn't have wanted to cry about it, but I'm a crybaby, okay? It's what I do.  Despite wanting to, I didn't let the tears fall, I bit back.