37 | 𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓮

A/N: This is the warning you'll get for the next few chapters! TW: Graphic descriptions of or extensive discussion of abuse/ torture!

Sophia's POV

I was lying in my bed, not believing anything that happened today. Well, last night, to be precise, as it currently was - I looked over at the clock - 3 am. 

She can't be gone, right? No, this is a dream. A big, sick dream, that I hope to be over soon. 

Grayson told me, as he, Anderson, Kyle and Jake found me and Evie at the party after it happened, to go home and get some rest. 

I, of course, asked him if he were crazy. I mean, my best friend was just kidnapped by my supposed-to-be best friend. I also saw blood, most-likely Bella's, on the floor, and he wants me to rest? 

But I knew I couldn't argue with him. He, after all, knew Cassius and Logan best. He asked of me to calm down and don't worry, because he's going to look for them until they're found. The only thing I could do was go home and take Evie with me. No way I was leaving her side now. 

I tossed and turned the whole time, but just when I wanted it to, sleep wouldn't engulf me. I groaned and pushed my face out of my pillow, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed.  

I looked over my shoulder, seeing Evie knocked out of it completely. I wasn't surprised, the amount of drinks she had... Let's just say she'll be out for another good couple of hours. 

I brushed my teeth and put on some clothes, I wasn't going to get any sleep until Bella is safe anyways. I went to the kitchen to get something to eat, even though my stomach would probably reject anything I'd chew. 

I was almost stupefied when I heard my phone 'ding' from the counter. I took my phone with me downstairs in case Grayson had news about my missing friend, but I didn't expect it to actually 'ding'. 

I speed-walked over to the lit screen and searched for the name 'Grayson', but my lips parted when I saw the word 'Unknown' instead. Oh no. 

I swiped to the left, needing to read the message. Please, please, please don't be anything bad, I chanted in my head. 

Unknown: I'm waiting for you at your school, Sophia. 

I didn't reply anything yet, what could I say to that?

Unknown: I don't like waiting.

Me: why would i go there?"

I cursed myself for not asking where Bella was first, and I was just about to ask him, when he sent his response. 

Unknown: Well, I assume you want to see your friend again before I slit open her throat.

My eyes were the widest they have ever been and my breath hitched in my throat. Oh my God, he's going to kill her!

Unknown: But...I might change my mind if I see you here in ten minutes.

Might? Might?! What the heck does that mean? He'll probably kill us both!
I pondered over what to say. If I go there, we could have a chance to escape. That's good, right? I'd feel guilty for the rest of my life if something happened to her because of me... 

I made my decision, typing as quick as my fingers allowed me to. 

Me: okay im coming, but please dont hurt her. do everything you want to me but just not her 

I sighed a small and barely present sigh of relief, but my face scrunched up in distaste as he sent me another text, telling me not to say anything to Grayson if I don't want anything to happen to 'my precious Bella', as he put it.