32 | ♥ ᴘɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ ♥

A/N: AAAGHH! I can't apologise enough, but thank you for your patience.

At the start it might be boring, but hold tight, it gets better ;)

Sophia's POV

"Wait, another party? Didn't we just have one a few days ago?" I asked, bewildered at how much the people here party. 

"Yeah, but that was, like, weeks ago," said Bella, as if it were normal to throw a party in the middle of a school week, though at least it's during the weekend. Evie nodded her head, seeming excited for it as well. 

"So, you gonna come?" Bella questioned me. I pondered over it for a moment, I knew my parents wouldn't allow me... But it wouldn't be the first time you've lied to them about something like this, my subconscious butted in. I shook my head, telling myself, no more lies from now on.

"Nope," I answered shortly. "I'll probably just stay home and study for the presentation I have next Monday." They both stared at me incredulously, then at each other, shaking there head at the same time. 

I  chuckled and looked around the cafeteria, not searching for anything in particular, until my eyes met his. His determent stare bore right through me, and sometimes I wondered if he even knew how intense it was. 

I couldn't hold it anymore and shifted my gaze onto the other tables instead. Something felt off, I couldn't tell what it was or why I felt like this, but maybe, and hopefully, it was only my imagination. 

The bell rang and we packed our things away. "See you  tomorrow?" asked Evie to Bella. They didn't have any classes together anymore, and they weren't going to meet at the the end of school today. 

Bella nodded and smiled. "Bye," she waved and walked away, so did I and Evie, but in the opposite direction. 

"Time for History, I guess," Evie said, and I sighed with her. I don't know why, but my motivation has been exceedingly low these last days. This isn't normal, I usually looked forward to classes, but not anymore. 

We entered the room, with only four other pupils in, and went to sit down. I stalked towards my usual place near the window and pulled out the chair. I plopped down my bag and put my books on the desk, grabbing my notebook - where I wrote my notes in and drew when I was bored - with them. 

Evie was currently leaning on Grayson's desk, right next to mine, chatting with me. Though, as soon as the door opened once more, she stood up and smiled at me, going over to her desk. The two girls she always sat with in History, the ones who apparently hate me for no reason, glared at me and rolled their eyes. 

Grayson was the person entering the room now, just in time, because behind him was the teacher. He strolled over to the table near me and sat down, gracefully yet still, as always, intimidatingly. 

The atmosphere didn't change as dramatically whenever he entered a room like in the beginning of the year, but it still made a slight difference, most people only tried to ignore it now. But I couldn't. How could I? He's right next to me, and even though I should now not feel nervous around him anymore, I still do. 

"Could I borrow a pen?" he abruptly requested, and I blushed furiously when he caught me gawking at him. 

"Uh, sure," I mumbled, searching for another pen in my pencil case. I picked the last one out and handed it to him - my mom always brought extra pencils and pens with me for 'emergencies'. 

He grabbed it from me and looked it over for a second. It was a pink pen that I got from primary school, so years ago. We got to choose which colour we wanted, and, of course, I chose pink.