28 | ᵀʰᵉ ᴬᵈᵈʳᵉˢˢ

A/N: Kinda short chap., sorry 'bout that. AND DON'T FORGET TO PUSH THE LITTLE ☆ IF YOU LIKED IT, PLEASE 🙏

Let's gooo...

Grayson's POV

Saturday morning, I asked one of my cousins - the only one who lives here close by - to unmask or locate the private number that kept sending messages to Sophia. He currently has her phone, while in a closed-off and soundproof room. He's always on his computer, either playing video games or hacking all kinds of systems and sites. He hates most people - probably me, too. Though I don't blame him, I can be a dick sometimes. 

About an hour ago, I visited Sophia's house once more. It was 9 o' clock and she was still in her sleeping clothes, the ones I saw yesterday night. The fact that it was only a large shirt that covered her 'til mid-thigh provoked something inside of me. It was fairly hard to not look at her legs when she was standing in front of me, just getting out of bed, but I think I managed - I hope.

She agreed to lent her phone to my cousin for his help, so at the moment, me and Sophia were sitting next to each other, a silent consumed us, but I didn't find it awkward. I was too deep in thought to notice my cousin coming out of his room.

Only when Sophia stood up, I felt her warmth leaving my side, making me blink and look up. Sophia smiled at him after he gave her back her phone. "Thank you," her soft voice stammered out. She was nervous, either because he was scary-looking or a stranger. 

He handed me a file, saying, "Everything you need is in there." His face, it was emotionless as most times, though there was something different. "But...be careful. This location was exceedingly hard difficult to find, it was very well hidden. And it can only take me this long to figure it out if the person wants to stay hidden," he explained to me, only loud enough for me to hear. 

I nodded a curt nod, but he wasn't done yet. "This person knows what they're doing. And the address it gave me isn't a good sign, either." My face twisted in confusion, but I didn't say anything. I only thanked him dearly - I know he doesn't like doing favors for the people he doesn't truly love - and took the files he offered me. 

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

 Sophia's POV  

I unlocked my phone and swiped through it quickly, trying to see if anything was out of place or if something got del-

"No need to worry," said Grayson's cousin, directing it to me. "I didn't delete or move anything." His face was impassive, as if he didn't really want to be here, though his tone was polite. I looked up and nodded, putting it back in my back pocket. 

While Grayson read through the files with his cousin - I still don't know his name - I wondered what was written in there. 

After they were done, Grayson took the files with him and pulled me along with him to his car. I looked over my shoulder before we left the house, because I didn't have the time to say goodbye. The corner of his mouth lifted up so little, I hardly caught it. 

-

"We're here," said Grayson as his car started going slower and slower. He stopped in front of my house and opened his own door. "I'm just gonna get somethin' out the boot." At first I had no clue what he meant, but later on noticed he was talking about the 'trunk'.