13 | 𝔉𝔯𝔢𝔢

Sophia's POV

A black, lace tank top—where you saw a lot of skin right through—a pair of black combat boots and a belt to go with. That, is what I viewed before me. Did I mention that Liv was rich? She wasn't super-duper rich or anything, but let's just say above average.

"Aaand you're supposed to wear it with this..." She grasped my black, skinny, ripped jeans from my closet. "I already have the whole outfit planned in my head. Oh, and she also has the best taste in fashion!

She went over to my nightstand and opened a small drawer—the first time she came into this room, I showed her where everything was, since she was so curious. She probably knows my room just as best as I do, I thought, watching her. She pulled out a necklace of mine.

"The finishing touch," she said, letting the thin, golden chain dangle from her fingers. I still haven't thanked her for the present and she was already moving on.

This was too much. I feel bad because I don't have the money to buy such presents as these for her. She told me that it didn't matter, but still. In the past, I've finally gotten her to agree with me to not overdo the gifts. She didn't want to give me nothing, but I got this far at least.

"Liv, you—" She gave me that look again. I sighed. "Thank you, really. I love the outfit, the shoes, the belt..."

"Why is there always a 'but' with you?" She laughed and sat down next to me. "Just accept the gift, Sophia. I wanted—and I'm glad I did—to spent money on you, okay?" she told me, offering a reassuring smile.

"Now, try it on. I know you're gonna look amazing in it." I giggled and took the pile of clothes plus the necklace she gave me.

When I had everything on, I cleared my throat, signalling Liv I was done. She hurriedly turned around; impatience laced into her movements. I haven't looked into the mirror yet—I was too scared to.

Her eyes widened, her lips parted and a breath left her mouth. I closed my eyes tightly together. "It looks bad, doesn't it?" I said down-heartedly. I knew it wasn't for me. 

"Are you kidding me?" she cried out. "I might turn bi for you. Damn!

"I don't look...bad?" I asked her unsurely. But to my relief she shook her head and took my hand, twirling me around once. 

"I should have gotten you this outfit years ago!" she exclaimed, a big grin formed on her face, from ear to ear. "You look even better than I expected."

"Thank you," I smiled, turning around slowly to face the mirror behind me. I didn't know what to say, or even think. I looked completely different - well, my body does. It shows my not so many curves more than I've ever seen them. This style is completely new to me, but I quite like it. It makes me look more... 

"You look beautiful, Sophia," said Liv from over my shoulder. I do. I think I look beautiful.

"Can I please curl your hair? Not a lot, just some small curls, you already have wavy hair." I nodded and she made a 'yay' sound, then went to the bathroom across the hall, rummaging through my supplies to find a curling iron. 

She came back and told me to sit down on my chair and close my eyes until she's finished with me. While I patiently waited, she started talking.

"You don't need much makeup, not any at all, but eyeliner would be the finishing touch." 

"Yeah, I can do that," I hummed as she continued curling my hair. 

When she was done, she sounded proud of her work. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times to get used to the light. I stared back at myself in the mirror, I was shocked.