40 | 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤

A/N: Don't forget to VOTE please :)

Grayson's POV

It's been almost two hours and I haven't taken a seat since then. Kyle is outside of Sophia's house, his duty to protect her parents in case Cassius brings them their. Jake is guarding mine. And I am in my car with my hands gripping the steering wheel, Anderson beside me while I drove aimlessly through the streets. 

My phone on the dashboard lit up Anderson had my permission to look. "It's Cassius," he told me. I didn't move my eyes from the road but cocked up a brow. 

"He says he's at the skateboard park, waiting for you," resumed Anderson. 

"Alone?" I asked. 

"I think so." I shook my head. Of course I knew it was a trap, but if I come accompanied he might kill Sophia as soon as he sees. "Are you doing it?" 

I inhaled with my nose and exhaled using my mouth, still, my eyes never left the wide and empty road in front of me. "He never said I couldn't come unarmed," I answered. He nodded, and I saw the ghost of a smirk on his face from my peripheral vision. 

I don't know if you do, but remember when in the beginning of the year I explained how quiet yet deadly Anderson was? Well, I have no doubts that he isn't planning a new torture method in his head right now. His lust for blood growing every second. 

Without a warning, I stomped down hard on accelerator, speeding away to our final destination. I swerved around corners and didn't slow down once. I didn't know if he he's hurt her yet, but I was anxious to find out. Because if I see one little scratch or bruise on her body, I will make him die in the most painful way ever imagined.

I parked nonchalantly on the sidewalk and got out the car, Anderson doing the same. His portal was open as he supported himself while leaning on it, his arm hanging over it. "What's the plan?" he questioned me. 

"Wait here but have your phone ready for an emergency," I said. "I'll go and look for Sophia. Try to send her your way." 

He nodded before adding, "Don't kill him yet, will you?" 

I turned around and copied over the smirk on his face. "Did you really think I was going to let him have it so easy?" My back met him again and I started walking. 

For the first time ever, I felt apprehensive. Usually when there's a fight, only my life is on the line, but now... Sophia's freedom depends on me as well. 

As the park came closer and closer, I put on a straight face and rounded the last corner. Seeing all the ramps and rubbish - like shoelaces or wrappers on the ground

My eyes scanned the field for any sign of movement. From the beneath the shadows appeared a figure, and it took me no time to realise that it was Cassius. 

I only came to a halt when there was a distance of 5 metres between us. "Dyed your hair, I see. It's suits you," I remarked witheringly. Even through the early morning sky I could see the amusement in his eyes. 

"Long time no see, huh?" he started, inching closer. "Did you bring your skateboard? Maybe we can-"  

"Why did you bring us here, Cassius?" My tone flat and void of any emotion as I cut any humor from this situation. He seemed offended by my hurry and I rolled my eyes. 

"Well," he had put a smile back on his face. "It's just like old times, Grayson. It's..." he looked at his watch and back up, "Sunday now, the sun will be rising soon."