19 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔

A/N: Thank youuu! More than 11k READS and 379 VOTES 🥰

Sophia's POV

Well, isn't this just great? My birthday is the day after tomorrow!

First of all, it was only a few hours since they found Josephine's body, so of course, no one will be ready to have fun—all will not be forgotten so quickly.

Secondly, I don't even have friends that I can invite. And invite to do what exactly? Liv is gone, Evie and Arabella could be an option, but I don't think they'll be in the mood to party yet, and Natalie was possible too, but me and some of her friends don't get along very well.

And because of all that, I don't truly look forward to my birthday either. I guess this year I'll just have to skip it. It's not a big deal, right? Even though my birthday is usually my favourite day of the year...

I sighed and got out of bed grumpily. I wasn't all too happy about having to go to school today, but I understand why I have to. My parents would let me stay home if I wanted to, but I told them I was fine. I'll get over it, you know. I never really was friends with her, we've only spoken to each other one time before—she didn't seem to like me very much either.

There are people like her friends and family who need a break though, and I totally understand that. But I shouldn't get behind my classes because I want to sleep more, these extra days off weren't meant for me, only for the people who knew her personally, so I wasn't going to take advantage of it.

I have no clue how she died, most people, including the police, say she committed suicide, but like with everything else in this school, there are rumors. Terrible ones that say she was murdered. I didn't genuinely believe that though, this town was small and safe, nothing bad has ever happened here in the past plenty of years.

Why would that suddenly change?

I took a hasty shower to rub the sleep off of me and clear my mind. 

(Her outfit ^)

(Her outfit ^)

I went with the first thing I saw and put it on, I wasn't trying to impress anyone today, not even myself. I put my hair in a ponytail and went downstairs.

I was met with both my parents and internally exhaled again. Here comes the worrying again...

-

I was out the door, put in my earphones and played some music. I actually rather walked to school than rode in Mom's car, it was refreshing.

When I entered the school's double doors, I instantly felt the different aura that hung in the air. Everything felt more vacant than before and the halls were also less crowded. It didn't quite surprise me as much as I thought it would. I mean, Josephine was popular and without a doubt had a lot of friends.