9 | 𝓛𝓪𝓹-𝓢𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

A/N: This chap. is a bit LONGER than the usual, sorry for that!

Sophia's POV

Evie took my hand in hers and led me to her table where all her friends sat at. She pulled me down into the seat right next to her and doesn't waver to fire questions at me, her friends stopped chatting and supported their weight on their elbows on the table, listening in and now attentive to our conversation.

"Did he invite you to his table?" she asked me and placed her hands on my arm, leaning in closer. Why are they acting as if I just met a pop-star? I mean, he was just another extremely fine-looking and charming yet intimidating high school boy. Right?

"Wait, did Kyle invite you to their table?" a friend of Evie asked me, looking thrilled for me. I nodded, smiling at her. She seems nice.

Most girls at the table parted their lips or raised their brows. Evie and the girl that asked me the question exchanged looks and squealed.

"Why are you still sitting here? Go over there, this is like a once-in-a-lifetime thing!" the girl exclaimed.

Evie suddenly looked a bit guilt-ridden. "That might be my fault..." she said sheepishly. "I didn't see Kyle and asked Sophia to come sit here."

"What?" the friend said, then rolled her eyes playfully and slapped the back of Evie's head. "You idiot." I giggled and spoke up. 

"No, but I want to eat here with you guys." Wow, today I felt some sort of confidence I've never felt before. I like it.

"You'd rather eat with us then them?" The friend looked at me as if I came from another planet. "You're crazy," she muttered, shaking her head lightly.

"Of course, she's crazy...just look at her," a girl a few seats further said to the girl next to her, extra indiscreet so that I would hear. I recognised them from one of my classes, they were one of the many girls that gave me nasty looks.

Evie rolled her eyes. "Ignore them," she whispered to me.

"That's what we always do anyways," agreed her friend.

"But we're all a little crazy, aren't we," said Evie back in her normal tone, shoving the friend. "Have you even told Sophia your name?" she asked.

The friend gasped, as if forgetting the most important thing ever, and turned around in her chair again, her gaze now fixated on me. "Nice to meet you, Sophia. I'm Arabella, but you can just call me Bella." She put out her hand.

I laughed and shook it. "Likewise," I replied. 

After a few minutes of chit chat with Evie and Bella, I rested my chin on my palm, my elbows on the table. I wasn't looking at something in particular, I was deep in thought, thinking about how comfy and warm my bed would feel if I got home.

I was about to doze off, but then something caught my eye—more like someone.

What I viewed before me confused me. Grayson sitting on a chair...and a girl...sitting on him. She was sitting on his lap, at their table, in the middle of the school cafeteria. Was nobody else witnessing this? I mean, I used to sit on my dad's lap as well, but when I was younger...

I had no problem with them being a couple, but I've rarely seen people sit on their partner's lap before, if they're in a sexual relationship, I mean. Probably because I've never paid attention to couples before in general, and I, myself have never been in a relationship before. 

She was beautiful. Her strawberry blonde hair flowing elegantly down her back, like a waterfall. Her skin was smooth and glowing. I wouldn't be surprised if she were a model.