24 | 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐈𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞

A/N: Please VOTE, it helps the writer and their book get more views, plus I'd really appreciate it :)

Sophia's POV

I was lying down on my bed, my clothes from today still on. I looked over at the clock on my nightstand - 8 pm. When Grayson dropped me off here, I was met with my mother in the kitchen, my father came home a few minutes after. 

"Did you eat?" my mom had asked me. I shook my head and she told me that there were leftovers in the fridge, then went upstairs. After I ate, I also went to my bedroom, I was pretty tired from all that happened. 

I thought about what Grayson said when I told him how sorry I was for his loss. "Yeah, me too," came his curt reply. I gave him a look, telling him he could talk to me, I wasn't planning on sharing his secrets, ever. 

"She was infuriating, very clingy," he laughed, but then frowned and shook his head. "However, now that she's not here anymore, I feel...almost alone. Though I know I'm not. We weren't even friends to begin with." He was staring into the direction of the burning sun.  

I didn't know what it's like to lose someone, but I somehow completely understood and knew what he meant. "How long have you known her for?" I asked him curiously. Plus, talking about it is always the best solution. 

"A few years, about five." I raised my brows. A 'friend' of five years he just lost...
"We were in the same school ever since high school, and even one year before that," he embellished, finally making eye contact with me. 

This continued for a few minutes, only when I couldn't handle the tension in the air anymore. It wasn't an awkward or cold tension, instead it felt like a tempting lure to each other. His eyes lingered on my face a while longer, until I got a message from my mom that read the following.

Mom: Dinner is ready and it's getting close to dark, so be on your way home. Hope you had fun!

 We were in his car and I went to press the radio button impulsively, but stopped and looked at him as if asking permission. He nodded and a song began playing. The moment he took me to his secret escape place it had brought us closer, emotionally. I still didn't know what we were exactly, but there was something.  

I let my head fall back and closed my eyes, letting the wind blow through my hair as I was now fully relaxed and not nervous around him anymore, for today at least.

My head was almost engulfed by the plush cushion. I sighed, replaying every second I shared with him in my mind, but then suddenly remembered Liv's gift! 

I flipped myself over on my belly, reaching under my mattress for an item that could be the present she got me. When I felt an object - it was light and thin - I pulled it out and examined it.

"A necklace!" I whispered to myself. It was beautiful. A word necklace - a silver chain with the words 'Te quiero' hanging from it.

I sent Liv a text, telling her how much I love it and that I'd be wearing it tomorrow, which I am.

~

Today I chose to wear a grey, comfy crop-sweater with a plaid skirt, colour-matching it. As I promised Liv, I took the lovely necklace from my nightstand and placed it around my neck. I took a look in the mirror and nodded, satisfied with how I looked.

 I took a look in the mirror and nodded, satisfied with how I looked