~Chapter 4~

Art does not belong to me

.~.~.~.~.~.~.

     The Daemos turn the corner and form a small circle, facing each other.

     "We-We almost died!" Noi says, wide-eyed.

     "This climate is unbearable!" Rhys states.

     "At least the effects are beginning to wear off," Leif tells them. "Not too bad once you get used to it!" A couple of female teens started to gather around behind the Daemos.

     "Easy for you to say! Mine and Asch's skins are burning!" Noi whines. "Why don't you guys have that?"

     "I can place water on it if you'd like?" Y/N suggests, her hands starting to form a water ball.

     "Calm down!" Pierce instructs.

     Y/N takes Noi's arms and starts to coat them with the thin layer of water forming from her hands.

     "We're being watched," Asch feels the presence of the females behind them. "Prepare to battle"

     Everyone grabs their weapons as soon as Asch says this, turning around in the process. Y/N's wrist daggers appear again, Leif with his scythes, Rhys with his staff, Peirce with his long sword, and Noi with his hand daggers.

     "Show no mercy!" Asch proclaims.

     The females' eyes light up and grab a silver device from their pockets. A bright flash appears from the mysterious object, causing the Daemos to close their eyes.

     "Ah! I'm blind!" Noi shouts.     

     "What was that?!" Y/N asks.

     "They're using some kind of magic! Shield your eyes!" Leif states, getting in front of Y/N to block the light.

     "Oh my gosh! Thanks for posing with us! We were afraid to ask!" One of the females tells them.

     "It's hard for us to approach such hot cosplay guys!" The other one says, eyeing Y/N from behind Leif. "Not really a woman though," she mumbles.

     "Mhm," the first female agrees, putting her device away. "Enjoy the con!" The females walk away as they wave bye.

     "Princess, are you alright?" Leif asks, taking her hand.

     "Yeah, I'm fine Leif," Y/N half-smiles.

     "I'm fine as well," Asch grunts angrily, rolling his eyes.

     "Those were human females, how do they have access to such potent blinding magic?" Rhys wonders.

     "We underestimated humans in this world," Peirce states and Y/N nods her head.

     "I refuse to believe humans could disarm Daemos, we're vulnerable right now due to the climate," Leif says.

    "Indeed. We need to seek shelter," Rhys suggests.

     "We need to take a prisoner," Asch angrily answers.

    "What the- do you think that's the correct word for this matter?" Y/N questions him. She's leaning on her right leg while her left arm supports her right elbow, her right hand near her face.

     "Okay fine, an informant, a human one. But we can't do it without alerting the nearby humans," Asch establishes.

     "Asch! That's crazy we can't-" Rhys begins.