~Chapter 12~

Ava opens the door to the apartment with a handful of bags from their day at the mall and grocery store. Pierce is helping her carry some of the bags and the two of them set everything down on the floor in the hallway. Asch, Noi, Pierce, and Ava walk into the living room, not seeing any sign of the other knights or the Princess.

     "Well great, nothing was stolen so that scratches out my excuse of calling the cops for a good reason-" Ava sighs as she checks the living room, still intact and everything in its place. "Where are the others though?"

     Suddenly, Rhys appears in the living room.

     "What the-"

     "Prince Asch, we finished the sanctuary, follow me," Rhys states, walking toward the wall and going right through it.

     "Perfect," Asch smirks devilishly.

     "Gasp, they did it!" Noi smiles brightly again, happily following Rhys and disappearing into the wall. Asch walks in later followed by Pierce.

     "What the hell-" Ava says to herself, scared of how that was possible. She slowly walks up to the portal, reaching out hoping to feel a stone-cold wall. Instead, she feels air as her fingers go through.

     "This is trippy..." Ava walks into the portal hesitantly.

     On the other side, a large room is seen with chandeliers, a small waterfall in the corner, and beautifully golden tiled floors and walls. Mysteriously colored plants of blues and greens covered the balcony railing and the blue water is decorated with lily pads and flowers as well, giving off a welcoming home air to it.

     "Wow!! It's amazing," Noi starts gasping and awing at everything. "You did great with the decorations Princess!"

     Noi bear hugs Y/N in thanks and starts running around.

     "It took a little bit of my magic to create the rooms, Y/N and Leif helped a little with the decoration, lighting, and bedrooms," Rhys starts running through a checklist in his head, making sure everything they needed was created. "We have to use our leftover magic wisely."

     Ava stands in the open room, looking around, then faints on the floor.

     "Uh, she fainted again," Leif gently kicks Ava.

     "Not again... Pierce place her on the bench over there," Asch demands. Pierce, also near Ava, picks her up and lays her down softly on the bench.

     Everyone waits a little longer, staring at Ava on the bench. Soon she wakes up gasping and complaining, once again, that she's not dreaming.

     "Here, maybe this will help you," Pierce's deep voice fills the room as he takes something out of his magical robes with NO POCKETS!!!! *Ahem*

     It's a cardboard box labeled, "Munchie~Scrunchies" with a blue cat evilly smiling at a bowl of cereal. Ava is shocked, staring at the box and wondering how he got it. Apparently, Pierce just grabbed it without paying for it and Ava grew angry.

     "Okay... I'm good. I'm done for today, I took you to the mall, pretended to be a sorceress, and you stole! I'll just go return these and uh, give me some time to figure out what we're gonna do next. Just leave me alone for a day, got it? Great! Bye," Ava rambles, grabs the box, and walks out of the magical sanctuary.

     "What just happened?" Leif questions.

     "Nothing! That's what happened!!" Asch declares, ready to run after Ava.

     "Prince Asch, let her be. We should trust her, she's our only way of learning more about humans.

.~.~.~ Next Day ~.~.~.