~Chapter 10~

"For now, things are going according to plan. The female human will teach us to be human so we can learn their weaknesses. Then, once we know how they work... we will bring the strongest back to Daemos to extract their magic. Firstly, however, we need to start blending in with the humans." Asch states, a princely aura around him. "Y/N, you should go and wake the prisoner up."

     "Fine," Y/N rolls her eyes at her brother. She was too busy chuckling at his attempt at a speech to even bother paying attention to it.

     Y/N walks to Ava's bedroom door, opens it, and then quietly steps in while closing the door once again behind her. She steps to the human and sits on her bed.

     The female starts stirring awake, squinting at the Princess on her bed.

     "Hey, wake up. The day's started and now we need you to help us," Y/N smiles softly at Ava.

     "Can one of your knights just come in here to kill me so I don't have to live through this sexy nightmare?" Ava grunts.

     "I'm sure a couple would gladly take the offer, but that's not gonna happen. So come on," Y/N grabs Ava's arms and begins to drag her out of her bed to get ready.

     "At least you're a lot nicer than the others..." Ava whines as she's forced out of her favorite spot.

     "Your welcome, just accept this fact with welcome arms, now that you're wrapped in with us, you're life is never gonna be the same," Ava walks out of the room, seeing to the fact that her job is fulfilled of getting the human awake to begin the mission officially.

     "Great..." Y/N hears a muffled Ava as she closes the door behind her.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

     "Assimilate?" Ava questions.

     "Yes, Prince Asch would-" Rhys begins, cut off by Ava laughing.

     Everyone is gathered in the living room of the apartment, Ava in the center, and the Daemos circling around the table.

     "Why is she mocking us?" Leif asks.

     "No, it's just you said ass-"

     "Asch perhaps you can explain instead," Rhys shakes his head.

     "Teach us your human ways," Asch bends down slightly to meet Ava's gaze, demanding instead of asking rather harshly.

     "Really?!" Ava's eyes glow up.

     "Really..."

     "Really Really?"

     "Really!" Asch snaps, getting aggravated.

     "Really," Pierce confirms, in his usual monotone, deep, voice.

     "Really!" Noi lights up.

     "Really!" Y/N winks, joining the others and placing her elbow on Noi's shoulder for support.

     "Really," Leif smirks.

     "Really!!" Ava's eyes, still glowing, responds to the back-and-forth responses of "really" with a gasp.

     "Enough!!" Asch bursts out, clearly annoyed with what had just happened.

     "Ugh, killjoy," Ava rolls her eyes. "Look when she woke me up this morning, I really hoped you guys would've robbed me and left by now-. I wasn't expecting you guys to stick around."

     "Out of everything that's happened, why were you hoping that?"

     "It just would've been a lot easier is all. Do you guys seriously want this? To be humans?" Ava gestures her right hand, the other on her hip.

     "Just hurry up and begin!" Asch smacks her hands to the side.

     "As a sorceress, it'll be hard to teach you the ways of a human, but I shall try my best. First off, clothes," Ava sighs, her voice changing to a mysterious and somewhat overdramatic tone.

     "I think these are good enough-" Leif groans.

     "These didn't look like the clothes the other humans were wearing yesterday when we were on the streets," Y/N points out.

     "Well you see, I casted a spell that uh attracted other um other demons from around the world to come here. It's called, hm, a convention spell," Ava stutters throughout her sentence, but somehow the Daemos believe her lie.

     "She's a conjurer?"

     "She can summon other demons-"

     "Woah!"

     The Daemos all gasp in awe at what the human can accomplish.

     "Whatever quit the talk and give us these clothes!" Asch insists, and Ava walks into her bedroom again. A little while later, Ava comes back from her room with a small pink pig jar labeled, "Swear Jar".

     She begins to speak about what the jar carries, however, Asch grabs it, throws it to Peirce, and he smashes it against the table. The remaining pieces of the pig fall on the floor and table, and Y/N helps Ava pick them up.

     "Woah, I had $150 in there?! Hell yeah! Wait does that count-? Okay! $151 now," Ava is swiping through the individual papers of money, counting it, and talking to herself.

     "Okay, now, follow me! I shall bring you to the spot where humans love to be!" Ava smiles a big fake smile and walks toward the exit. Faint whispers could be heard from Ava, although none of the Daemos could make out what she was saying.

     "Alright, Rhys and Leif. You two stay here to make our living accommodations more... comfortable," Asch orders.

     "Yes your highness," Rhys bows his head slightly.

     "What?! Why me? I wanna come as well," Leif shouts.

     "Because I don't want you near Y/N during this field trip! Plus she's able to communicate with the human a lot more clearly since they're both females. You. Stay. Behind," Asch walks up to Leif, basically growling at this point.

     "Tch, fine then," Leif glares at Asch as well.

     "Okay boys, break it off," Y/N brutally pushes the two Daemos away from one another. "I'll go with you guys since I don't know what females wear here. We'll see you later Rhys, Leif."

     "Goodbye Princess," Rhys bows as well and grabs Leif by his sleeve to help him work on their sanctuary.

     As Pierce, Asch, Y/N, and Noi make their way toward the exit, Ava waits for them at the door.

     "Oh yeah! I forgot to say, Y/N, you'll be sharing my clothes here since I only have enough clothes to get one outfit for the guys. It'll just be easier," Ava smiles, not a fake one this time, to Y/N.

     "So what does that mean?!" Asch questions, a vein popping out on his forehead, clearly getting upset again.

     "It means she can stay here, she doesn't have to come," Ava tells him, her smile wiping off her face.

     "Hm, look at that. You don't get what you want once again, Asch," Y/N smirks at her brother, making her way back inside the living room in the apartment.

     Asch watches as Leif hugs Y/N in the living room, spinning her around, grateful she's staying.

     "Tsk, let's get going already human," Asch pushes his way past the woman, ready to kick the door down to exit the same room his sister was in.