~Chapter 32~

The next dark day on Daemos, the trainees were testing their ability in the cold water of a black, rippling lake. The Daemos were freezing, wondering when the icy torture would end. They were told that they were being punished for what they'd done by the Head Knight since the Princess was dismissed for a meeting. The trainees didn't know what they were punished for, hence the freezing temperature taking a hold of them.

     After a few more minutes, the Princess of Daemos appeared, wondering what was going on.

     "Evreux, do you mind telling me why the trainees are in the cold water?" The Princess asked.

     "They're being punished," Evreux informed.

     "What did they do this time?" Y/N chuckled.

     "I'll tell you later, Princess," the dark blue-haired Daemos bowed his head.

     "Alright, boys, you're all dismissed," Y/N ordered.

     The trainees rejoiced, exiting the pool completely soaked. They bowed to the Princess and began walking back to camp. Leif glanced at Y/N and smiled a bit to himself before following the rest of the group.

     "Princess Y/N, I have something to tell you," Evreux, the head knight, walked up to the Princess.

     "Yes?" She asked him once the other Daemos were out of sight.

     "I overheard something from the trainees in their camp last night..."

.~.~.~.~.~.~.

     A loud shatter echoed throughout the hallway where a door to a room was cracked open. Inside, Y/N was breathing heavily while leaning on a table in front of her. Books were scattered around the floor, along with glass vials broken into pieces. Y/N took a moment to glare at the wooden table, tears stinging the corner of her eyes a bit.

     "The trainees began talking about a bet they had made, and if one of them were to win, they would be declared the best knight."

     Y/N slammed her fists on the desk and then rushed out of the room, violently swinging the door open and treading through the halls.

     "You... were in the bet."

     "What did I have to do with any of this?"

     She swung the doors open to a massive room in the Castle. Inside, a large spell pool engraved in gold and white quarts colors the pillars, floor, and ceiling. In a corner, there are a few books opened and placed neatly on a small table.

     Before Y/N could walk over to the books, a dainty female servant walked in.

     "P-Princess Y/N?" She called.

     Y/N turned around, glaring at the girl, making the servant tremble in fear.

     "O-One of you trainees... L-Leif? He wanted t-to... come see you?"

     Y/N scoffed at the name.

     "Tell him to leave."

     "He's outside the C-Castle doors-"