~Chapter 36~

"She found the last element," Rhys smiles excitedly.

     Y/N quickly grabs the vine crown around her head, tampering with the electricity coursing through her. Bringing the crystal rock hanging from the vine closer to the sparks around her hand, the rock opens up, swallowing the bolt.

     As soon as it opens, the rock closes, the electricity flickering in the crystal.

     "I-I did it!" Y/N celebrates.

     The Daemos also smile brightly, partying and congratulating. The moment ends, however, when Y/N's vision blacks out. Time slows as the Princess' body falls to the ground with a thud.

     "Y/N!"

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

     There was a purple haze across Daemos on the night of the Princess' birth. It was a fog, ghostly and quiet like death rushing upon someone. Inside the castle, the past Queen of Daemos stared at the large tube filled with pink liquid. Inside, a delicate newborn floated calmly.

     The pink liquid covered the skin from its original pale color, but there was a faint glow of purple, wanting to break out.

     "I'm not sure if this container can keep the Princess alive your Highness," the doctor said. He carried a stack of papers, all with scribbled words and data sets. "Everything known about the Purple Curse shows no chance of survival.

     "For an advanced society like Daemos with its magic, I'm surprised you're having doubts about this," the old woman sighed.

     "Not to be cruel, but the Princess' veins are already showing very early signs of it. I doubt not the magic of Daemos, but the magic inside her. It will kill her," the Doctor walked up next to the woman.

     "What did I tell you to do?" the older Queen snapped for a moment.

     "Y-You told me to make her guards... ones that can contain her magic use," the doctor replied.

     "And all you're giving me is information that has been proved unreliable," the woman shook her head.

     "Lady Grandma?" A small voice called out from behind the adults. The woman turned around, as well as the doctor, and they spot a young Daemos boy with messy black hair.

     "Asch... come here," Lady Grandma opened her arms to him, and he hesitantly trotted to her.

     "Who's that?" Asch pointed to the baby inside the container.

     "Your sister," The doctor answered him.

     "Why does she look like that?" Asch unknowingly spat.

     "She has an ancient curse from years ago affecting her, we're trying to find a cure," Lady Grandma told him.

     Asch just shrugged, not understanding the seriousness of the situation. He grabbed something out of his pocket and lifted it so the adults could see his hand.

     "One of the nurses helping mom gave this to me, saying she's sorry... What does she mean by that?" Asch asked quietly, a bit of sadness in his voice. In his hands, he held up a necklace, a diamond shape in the center. It was a rare stone in the epicenter, a magnificent purple gem.

     The doctor worriedly glanced at the old woman, who just sighed, patted the boy's head, and told him to go back to his room.

     "Maybe she can have it?" Asch eyed his sister in the container, opening Lady Grandma's hand and giving her the necklace. He waved to the baby Daemos and disappeared back into the hallways of the Castle.