~Chapter 5~

"Where in the world are we going?!" Y/N groans.

     "Following the spirit, that's where," Asch shouts.

     "We don't even know where it's taking us, we should have some idea," Y/N pushes.

     "Did the spirit come up to you? No, so be quiet and continue following it," Asch turns around to his sister and raises his voice. Y/N crosses her arms, wanting to say more but is held back by Peirce.

     "Good," Asch turns back to the front and continues to follow the spirit. Peirce, Noi, and Rhys follow behind him, while Leif tries to calm Y/N down.

     "You know, you're cute when you're angry," Leif smiles, his sharp teeth flashing.

     "Tch, let's keep following my annoying ass-."

     "Y/N."

     "Sorry, my, wonderful princely brother," Y/N sarcastically remarks, and Leif chuckles. As they approach a tall white building, the spirit walks inside the front door. The Daemos, already puzzled as is, follow it inside. As they enter, they get strange looks from the few people in the lobby, but ignore them and walk to a set of elevators.

     "Mrow," the cat purrs and walks inside the open box.

     "Is that safe?" Noi questions.

     "Well, if the spirit is in it, then it should be," Rhys assumes. As the Daemos walk inside the strange box, they keep running into one another.

     "Hey watch it!"

     "You're stepping on my feet!"

     "Be careful."

     "Do I need to stab these odd buttons on the wall?"

     "It's wise if some of us are in the back and then a few in the front."

     "Oh, will all of you shut up!" Y/N shouts and instantly everyone is quiet. Everyone stares at the Princess.

     "First off, Asch, Rhys, and Noi go to the back of this box. Peirce, since you're holding the woman come to the front. Leif get away from those buttons! And-" As Y/N tries to set order to the Daemos, Leif breaks her rule and pokes one of the buttons on the wall.

     "You've got to be kidding me," Y/N shakes her head. As the doors start to close, the Daemos panic again at what's happening.

     "It's going to swallow us whole!" Noi screams.

     "That's the only way in or out," Rhys points out. As the Daemos panic about what's happening, the cat, or spirit, sits calmly next to Asch, wagging its tail and purring. A loud *bing* is heard and the doors open once again. Confused by the sudden noise, the Daemos walk out of the box.

     "Hey, where did the spirit go?" Noi wonders. As he asks this, the cat walks out of the box behind them and then steps up a pair of stairs.

     "Follow it!" Asch orders. They follow the cat and walk up the stairs, and are greeted by a hallway with a few windows and doors.

     "One of these doors must be where this human lives," Rhys states. The cat walks up to the first door on the right and lightly scratches it.

     "This must be it," Leif says.

     "Out of my way," Asch pushes the Daemos away and walks up to the door. He grabs the doorknob and tries to turn it to open it.

     "It's locked... hmph," Did that stop Asch? No, it did not. Y/N glances at her brother and knows what he's about to do.

     "Before you-" She starts. But it's too late, Asch starts burning the doorknob with his flames. "Never mind."

     Asch burns the doorknob and a small click is heard. He kicks the door open, and it comes to an abrupt stop when colliding with the wall. Noi claps at Asch while Rhys rolls his eyes, disappointed.

     "Your highness, was that use of magic really necessary?" Rhys questions him.

     "Yes," Asch turns around and glares at Rhys. The cat props up from Asch's side and walks into the apartment building.

     "It seems the spirit has allowed us entrance," Rhys squints at the black and white cat.

     "Woah, cool!" Noi gasps and immediately walks in.

     "Noi!" Rhys calls out.

     Sitting on the island table in the kitchen, Noi gasps at the white and purple apartment. Further inside, in a living room with a couch, table, and TV, Peirce lays the young woman down on the white sofa.

     "Woah..." Noi jumps off the island and over toward the cat sitting on the living room table. "Hi spirit!" Noi leans in toward the cat, smiling. "I think the spirit might like me!" Noi pokes the cat in the face and the cat angrily meows at him.

     Asch, Leif, Y/N, and Rhys watch Noi as he runs past them and around the apartment screaming. The cat is chasing him, Noi's arms and hands up in the air.

     "It's not friendly! Help!!" Noi calls out, but everyone stands and watches Noi.

     "The spirit has decided Noi must die," Peirce states.

     "Good," Asch declares. Upon hearing this, Y/N looks at her brother and smacks him on the back of his head. Noi continues to scream and it can be heard throughout the whole apartment.

    "Noi, die in silence! The last thing we need you doing is alerting the nearby humans," Rhys tells him. "That spirit seems harmless but don't tell Noi that."

     Asch shakes his head upon hearing Noi screaming it's the end.

     "Hahahaha his humungous suffering brings me joy," Leif smirks.

     "Likewise," Rhys agrees.

     "Same here!" Y/N tries to hold in her laughter.

     "Enough! Scout the area," Asch orders.

     While Leif and Rhys walk into a blue-painted room, Y/N steps to Noi to try and help him out. Y/N gets startled by hearing Leif shouting about something going to kill them, and Noi's screaming when she finds where he's at.

     "They're trained warriors. I trust they won't get themselves killed," Asch doesn't worry about any of his soldiers.

     "What about Y/N?" Peirce asks.

     "She's the strongest female Daemos I know, she'll be fine. Plus, I don't hear her screaming compared to the others," Asch rolls his eyes. "Let's investigate this door." Fire ignites from Asch's hands, ready to burn another door handle. Peirce quickly opens the door before Asch could get the chance.

     "It's unlocked," Peirce tells him.

     As the two boys investigate the room, Y/N gives up on trying to help Noi and the cat. She walks over to the young woman past out on the sofa. She sits at the table, staring at her. The young woman has long black hair, tanned skin, and a short figure.

     "Hm," Y/N simply sighs, waiting for the boys to be done scouting. Y/N sees Peirce walk out of the door and the woman starts groaning. She's a bit startled but regains her posture. As Peirce walks back inside the room, the woman jolts awake and turns around to see the tall man in her room.

     "O-Oh my god... oh my god. How the frick did they get in- I need to get out of here," the woman states, but slightly shrieks seeing Y/N sitting on the table.

     "Hey! You're awake," Y/N smiles at her, but she has sharp-like vampire teeth, and the woman screams. She jolts up from the couch and toward the front door.

     "The human is escaping!" Noi shouts, sprawled out on the floor with the cat asleep on top of him. The woman stops in her place, knowing she's in trouble.

     "Shoot," She simply states.