~Chapter 25~

Suddenly, the doors burst open loudly. Two tall men, one dressed in a suit with grey hair and the other in casual clothing with blonde hair, rush into the living room. The two see Ava on the couch with five men and one woman behind her, all with multicolor horns sprouting from their heads.

     "Pumpkin!" The grey-haired one gasps and the blonde's jaw drops down. They seem to get more scared upon seeing the old camera in front of the group.

     "Who are-?" Rhys begins.

     "Dad! Pop! This isn't what it looks like!!" Ava shouts, getting up from the couch and shaking her hands madly. The grey-haired one picks up the camera with unknown strength and throws it across the living room, breaking easily.

     "Get away from our baby!" He orders

     "You demons! She's our sweet innocent baby girl! Do you not have a sense of moral responsibility?" The blonde speeds over to Ava to hug her and shouts over her shoulder toward the Daemos.

     "It's pronounced Daemos!" Y/N raises her voice.

     "We aren't demons!" Leif agrees.

     "I'm calling the police," The grey-haired father pulls out the familiar silver object that blinded the Daemos earlier on their trip.

     "Wait, dad! Please let me explain!" Ava shouts.

     "Ava! You don't have to resort to this!" The blonde assures her, the grey-haired one walking toward them. "We're your parents, we'll help you through anything! If you needed money all you had to do was ask."

     "It's not like that Pop! I-" Ava starts but is interrupted by Y/N.

     "Let her go!" Y/N raises her hands quickly, a thick vine growing out of the plant on the living room table and wrapping around their ankles.

     The grey-haired one drops his phone and the blonde's eyes widen, shocked and scared.

     "Plants! How are there plants growing?!" The blonde freaks out.

     "No! Knock us out instead!!" Ava misspeaks, yelling at the Daemos. Leif teleports in front of Y/N's plants and karate chops the pressure point on the neck to knock out Ava's parents.

     "Phew," Ava breathes out of relief until her vision goes black.

.~.~.~.~.~.

     Ava wakes up on the floor, coughing once she sits up.

     "You idiot!" Y/N slaps the back of Leif's head.

     "Good thing you didn't kill her!" Asch grumbles.

     "I wouldn't have done that sloppy of a job!" Leif defends, rubbing the back of his head.

     "What the hell! Did you knock me out too?!" Ava's memory floods back to her. "Damn it! My parents are actually here!"

     "Wait, you have two dads?" Y/N questions.

     "No time to explain! Get them out the door quickly!" Ava orders the Daemos.

     Leif picks up the blonde and throws him over his shoulder, running to the front door. Pierce does the same with the grey-haired parent, following Leif. They drop them outside the hallway and rush back inside.

     "Do what we did the last time! Quickly!" Ava directs, pointing to the red-outlined enchanted doorway to the Daemos' quarters. "They are really powerful! And uh- you angered them!"