~Chapter 23~

Ava struggles greatly to drag the two Daemos toward the blanket, only getting them a step from their original spot.

     "You can't drag us!" Leif announces.

     "Then follow me!" Ava retorts, walking to the picnic spot, Leif and Y/N following. She orders them to sit on the red-white checkered cloak on the grass where Rhys also sits.

     "If you guys leave this spot, then you will die," Ava states, running away to capture the other runaways.

     "Damn it," Y/N pouts.

     "I hate this," Leif agrees. "But I do like the thrill of my life being in danger."

     "It does feel exciting, to be honest," Y/N nods.

     "See! Now you're starting to get it!" Leif smiles big.

     "Well I did help you train to be an assassin for a little bit, so I can agree with you on some things," Y/N laughs. "So Rhys, how did you get captured?"

     "Well, you see..." Rhys begins with an ice cream in hand and licks it now and then. "I walked up to these smaller humans who had ice cream in their hands. They told me that the 'ice-cream man' gives them the treat and I wondered if I could have it."

     "So you swiped it from their hands?" Leif asks, shocked that Rhys would take that sort of route.

     "No, the smaller human told me I have to 'pay for it'. Ava came up, gave him a piece of green paper and I got it!" Rhys explains, stars in his eyes as he licks his ice cream.

     Suddenly, Ava appears with Asch and Noi, and also forces them on the blanket of death.

     "Finally... okay here," Ava grabs the white bag filled with their lunch and sets it in the middle of the Daemos. "You guys can go ahead and eat your sandwiches. I brought you some milk boxes as well. Now you just sit here and- Wait where's Pierce?!"

     Ava counts the heads of the Daemos, one short, and realizes who's gone. "Ugh! Stay here! Remember, if you leave, you die!" Ava shouts, walking away to try and find Pierce.

     "I hate this," Asch says.

     "Stop complaining, even though I may agree with you," Y/N snaps, grabbing the white bag and looking inside. There are seven sandwiches, six for all of them and the last one for Ava. Y/N grabs one, hands it to Leif, and grabs another, handing it to Noi.

     "Rhys, do you want one?" Y/N questions, looking at him enjoying his foreign treat.

     "Later, I'm gonna enjoy this first," Rhys waves his hand at her, eyes fixated on the sweet still.

     "Here," Y/N grabs another bag and chucks it at Asch, hitting him in the face.

     "Why do you keep being so rude?!" Asch shouts, grabbing the sandwich that fell from his face to his lap. Y/N ignores him, seizing her sandwich and opening the bag to eat it.

     The Daemos sit in silence, eating (or licking) their food and either enjoying or hating the moment.

     "Printhess Y/N, whath are those 'meelk-bocth-es' Sortherer Ava told uth about?" Noi mumbles, mouth full of a large bite from his sandwich

     "Um, let me see," Y/N glances in the bag. She fishes around in the bag, touching a cold rectangular object. She clutches it and pulls it out, looking at the object. It's a box the size of her hand with a red tube attached to the side. "Here it is!"

     Y/N throws the Daemos a milk box each and studies it. She grabs the red tube from the side and pulls it out, wondering where it goes.

     "Haha, got it," Leif rejoices, drinking through the red tube from his box. Y/N glares at him, mad that he got it before her. She presses the button on her palm from her fingerless gloves, and a similar blade pops out. Y/N looks at the blade's tip and uses it to poke the rectangle. She sticks the red tube in perfectly and drinks the milk too.

     "What?! How did you guys get it?!" Asch shouts, demanding an answer.

     "Stabbed it," Y/N and Leif both say simultaneously. The Daemos turn their heads to the left when Ava comes, panting.

     "Phew! Alright, you guys are still alive and neither harmed nor caused chaos. Okay, we gotta go guys!" Ava exclaims, stopping in between to catch her breath.

     "What?! Why?!" Leif complains.

     "Because Mr. Green is here and he's a big supporter of my father's campaign! If he sees me with you guys he'll most likely-" Ava begins, but pauses midway. She scratches off what she's going to tell them, and motions the Daemos to follow her back to the apartment. "I promise I'll take you all out tomorrow."

     She waves her hands everywhere in the direction of the blanket and tells us she lifted the 'curse'. The Daemos and Ava get up and begin to walk back to the apartment, the end of their journey to the ancient park.