~Chapter 24~

A/N: HELLO GUYS!!!! I srsly have no excuse for my absence, I just got lazy :') I'm not saying I'll be back full time though because I started school and it will be so hectic!!! I may have free time on week nights to update this book so I'll try my best then to do so!! I really hope I didn't make too many of you upset <3 Love y'all for sticking around!

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

     It's the next day in the morning, close to the afternoon. The Daemos are in the apartment, still in their human clothes, and browsing around inside it. Ava is dressed in her pajamas and just came back from the front door, where Mrs. Oats talked and dropped something off for her.

     In the center of the room, a tall bronze and gold stand holds up a camera that looks to be from the late 1800s.

     "This is ancient..." Ava mumbles.

     "Ancient? Like a relic?" Y/N overhears Ava talking to herself, walking up to her, and inspecting the camera that's about as tall as her and the other Daemos.

     Suddenly, Rhys, Noi, and Pierce appear from the kitchen island, looking at the women.

     "A relic?" Rhys repeats, eyes slightly glowing.

     "Is it powerful?!" Asch asks.

     "Will it kill someone?" Leif questions.

     Ava and Y/N look at the Daemos, their face expressing, "really?".

     "Well, this is gonna kill me because of how complicated this is gonna be to fix," Ava sighs.

     "You can fix a relic?" Rhys wonders.

     "No, it's just that Mrs. Oats brought this to me and asked me to fix it up," Ava shakes her hand to them, declining Rhys' thought. "She probably wants it to take photos of you guys which I could charge her for."

     "Why?" Y/N questions.

     "Well, she thinks that all these guys are my boyfriends," Ava blushes. "Don't worry though, I did tell her that you and Leif were a couple and the other guys are my boyfriends."

     "Woah, you mean here on Earth you can have more than one significant other?" Y/N inquiries.

     "Well, in some cultures I believe, it's seen as cool. Here in the US, if a woman has more than one boyfriend, they're labeled as something bad. If a guy does it, then sometimes they're also seen as a cool guy when in reality they're not. It just depends, because sometimes the couple is okay if their partner has other partners," Ava tries to explain to Y/N, trying not to stumble. Y/N just nods, trying to understand.

     "Anyways, on another note, I like her and if I do stuff she asks me, she'll probably keep giving me money," Ava shrugs. "Which, again, is something we need right now."

     "Funny, elder humans here don't seem to be as terrifying as Lady Grandma," Leif's hand is on his chin, thinking.

     "Lady grandma?" Ava repeats, visibly confused.

     "She's Daemos' former queen and holds a lot of power. She's our elder and still holds a high position in the royal family," Y/N explains.

     "So she's all your grandma?" Ava continues, still not grasping the point.

     "No, she's Asch and I's blood relative. In other words, our grandma," Y/N corrects.

     "But her name is Lady Grandma?" Ava adds.

     "Yes," Asch states, irritated.

     "That's so confusing..." Ava rubs her forehead, then looks back at the camera.

     "Rhys, you think you could help her fix it?" Y/N questions the Daemos, seeing that the "relic" fascinates him.

     "Absolutely!" Rhys' voice raises in volume. He quickly walks up to the camera, inspecting it closely. Ava touches the camera, trying to find the date of its making.

     "Geez, this is really old. I wonder exactly how old Mrs. Oats is-" Ava gasps. "Damnit!"

     Black grease rubbed off on Ava's hand and sleeve, and she angrily stomps to her bedroom to wash it off and change.

     "There's a lot of smaller relics inside here," Rhys points out, still scanning the object.

     "Those aren't small relics. It's a mixture of bolts, gears, and... nuts? I guess," Ava calls out from the bedroom, Peirce looks at the door, slightly shocked she heard Rhys.

     "Huh," Leif simply says, eyeing the camera.

     "Alright! Let's get to work," Ava states, a toolbox appearing from nowhere. She and Rhys begin to fix certain things here and there on the camera, and the other Daemos just stare and watch.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.

     "All done!" Ava shows off the camera, hands on her hips, smiling. It took a couple of tries for her and Rhys to fix it, thanks to Noi knocking it over.

     "Ooo!" Noi walks up again, not having learned his lesson.

     "No no no!" Ava warns quickly, shaking her hands to Noi to keep two feet away from the camera. "Just- stay there."

     Y/N pats Noi's shoulder when he looks down at the ground sadly.

     "Amazing! Could we all take a camera with the camera?" Rhys questions.

     "It's called a photo, and yeah, we can! I mean, I should test it out before giving it back, right?" Ava thinks, smiling slightly.

     "Only one person can fit in the camera and it will be me!" Asch shouts, thumb pointing toward him.

     "Absolutely not! My camera got more likes than you!" Leif shouts toward Asch. Asch snarls at Leif but they quickly stop when Y/N suggests something.

     "Is it possible we can all fit in it?"

     "Yeah, we just have to make sure to be in one area together," Ava tells the Daemos. She scans around the room, her eyes targeting the couch. "We need to move that in front of the camera. I don't want any of you touching it again."

     Noi walks over to the couch and picks it up easily with his right hand and over his head.

     "Where to?" Noi smiles, not at all bothered by the fact that he's carrying a heavy couch in one hand.

     "W-Wow, you're strong," Ava blushes a bit.

     "It's not hard to do that..." Y/N puffs her cheeks, wanting to have shown off as well.

     Several minutes later, the couch is placed, and the Daemos stand behind Ava rather than sitting on the couch with her.

     "You can sit down you know-" Ava points out.

     "No way! That bed's way too soft," Leif claims.

     "I was the one who had to sleep on it," Asch grumbles.

     "You didn't have to! No one forced you," Y/N snaps.

     "The floor was better to sleep on," Noi states.

     "Sitting is much better," Rhys defends.

     "I prefer to stand," Pierce's monotone voice makes the atmosphere heavy.

     "Okay, you guys don't like the couch, I get it. Just stand there and look pretty," Ava rolls her eyes at them and looks back at the camera. "Cheese!"

     Noi looks at the camera a little worried, Rhys squints, and Asch stares at the object with a slight frown. Y/N smiles with her left arm wrapped around Leif's neck, Leif also sharply smiles, hand around Y/N's waist, and lastly Pierce, who has a small smile almost invisible.

     At the same moment, the doors to the apartment abruptly open loudly, shocking everyone in the living room.