~Chapter 21~

"This will be really quick," Ava says, motioning to Y/N to give her the sandwich bag. Y/N hands the bag and Ava presses a button near the door. Seconds later it opens, two elderly women with grey hair, one of them having glasses on the bridge of her nose.

     "Oh, Ava! How good to see you, is this your friend?" The woman asks, looking at the slightly taller Y/N.

     "Hi!" Y/N waves her hand slightly.

     "Hey, Mrs. Oats! This is my friend Y/N, she's visiting for the convention, we know one another from high school haha-," Ava lies at the end, chuckling. "Oh, hi Mrs. Bell!"

     "Hello!!" Mrs. Bell drags out the 'o', smiling at the two women.

     "What are you guys doing? Book club meeting?" Ava asks.

     "Oh please, we're not that boring. It's a meeting for the crochet club," Mrs. Oats smiles.

     "Ahh I get it, anyway, here are the sandwiches you wanted," Ava nods her head in response, then lifts the bag to Mrs. Oats.

     "Perfect! Thank you so much, Ava... and Y/N," Mrs. Oats smiles, grabbing something out of her pocket and handing it to Ava. "And a little extra to take all your lovely boy toys out."

     "Mrs. Oats I-," Ava stutters, blushing and taking the money.

     "You should bring them over~ I heard all about them, plus the screaming this morning too~!" Mrs. Bell winks.

     Suddenly, something wraps its arms around Y/N's waist, head resting on her shoulder.

     "Hey, when are we gonna get going?" Leif's voice fills the hallway. Pierce is behind Ava, standing with a monotone expression.

     "Ooo! You were right! They're all handsome," The lady swoons, seeing Leif hugging Y/N from behind.

     "Where are you guys going?" Mrs. Oats questions.

     "To the park," Pierce replies.

     "We're going to get the Vitamin D," Y/N finishes, remembering what Ava said about the ancient ruins.

     "Yeah, to absorb it and become more powerful," Leif smirks, also remembering.

     The old ladies gasp in shock, but in a way like young teenagers hearing about a date night that took place.

     "I swear to- We're leaving! Good day, Mrs. Oats, Mrs. Bell," Ava becomes embarrassed, dismissing herself and walking away. Pierce follows and Leif grabs Y/N's hand, also following behind.

.~.~.~.~.

     "Why is she red?" Rhys wonders.

     "I don't know, but I like her like that," Noi laughs.

     "I'm like this because you guys take everything literally! Do you guys not have school in Daemos?!" Ava turns around, questioning them.

     "Our culture in Daemos is different than here on Earth. We mainly worry about fighting and magic since it is primary to survival," Y/N explains.

     "Teaching is a luxury certain Daemos is given," Leif waves his hand, explaining and eyeing the brother and sister.

     "Oh, well, you know what? I'm gonna teach you guys manners. Everyone form a line, Noi you're the leader," Ava points to Noi.

     "What?!" Asch grumbles.

     "No arguing! Just do what she says," Y/N snaps and everyone forms a line.

.~.~.~.~.~.

     Strong, sturdy trees filled with green leaves stand from the ground, spreading their shade and coolness to those who sit beneath them. Softly cut grass waves slightly in the wind like a sea of green, not a patch of dead grass or dirt in the park. Flowers of all kinds of colors blossom from the grass, swaying. Tall, black, metal lamp posts stand along the stone walkway along with benches and hedges of dark green shrubs. Picnic tables spot the grass where the parents of children sit and talk, while at the end of the path, the children play on the slides, swings, and monkey bars. Across the playground, tall metal gates block the outside world to contain a competition of basketball against teenage boys. The park is lively, and a certain warmth is around it, whereas the city around it brings a busy and occupied aura.

     There are lots of families at the park, considering it's the weekend. The Daemos and Ava walk along the path until Ava suddenly shouts, "Why are there so many people here?!"

     "This isn't good... Alright! Everyone stay close and-" suddenly, Ava turns around to talk to the Daemos, but everyone is gone. To her surprise, Y/N isn't near her either, most likely taken away by Leif.

     Ava starts to panic, looking around her to spot the Daemos. She walks to an open space near a tree with shade, takes out a red and white checkered blanket, and opens it up. She neatly lays it down and sets the picnic basket on top, claiming the spot as hers.

     "Alright, new mission Ava, get all the Daemos back here unharmed and unnoticed!" Ava mutters to herself, staring at her first victim, Rhys, who's bending down to children with ice cream in their hands.