~Chapter 26~

"Hey, Ava?" Y/N asks once the sorceress escorts her parents out of her apartment.

     "Yeah?" Ava turns around, letting out a breath she was holding in the entire conversation.

     "Who is it that you want me to bring?" Y/N tilts her head, wondering what Ava was thinking when she exposed she had a boyfriend. Of course, she and Leif are a couple, but it's confusing to Y/N that Ava is willing to bring the assassin with them on this mission.

     "Oh, uh..." Ava thinks. "I was going to say Leif, but now that I'm thinking, that may not be a good idea."

     "Yeah, I figured you'd say that-" Y/N laughs nervously.

     "Just bring your brother," Ava suggests, walking to the Daemos' enchanted doorway.

     "What?!" Y/N shouts.

     "Is that also a bad thing?" Ava turns around quickly hearing Y/N's shout.

     "Well, first off, he and I aren't on good speaking terms, second off, he's going to overreact and do something that will be too big to cover up!" Y/N defends.

     "Those are good points," Ava says, thinking harder. "Why not Pierce?"

     "Umm..." Y/N wonders. She was hoping that Ava would allow Leif to come, considering the two of them haven't spent much time in a while.

     "He is a little too quiet," Ava notices Y/N's expression on her face. "And Rhys will probably ask too many questions huh?"

     Y/N glances at Ava, puzzled at what she's trying to say.

     "You'll be able to control Leif, right?" Ava questions.

     "I will!" Y/N smiles brightly making Ava laugh.

     "Alright, let's go tell the guys then."

     Ava and the Princess make their way to the doorway to tell the Daemos the plan. Upon entering, Noi is already inside, telling a bit of what happened.

     "What is this date?" Rhys asks.

     "I'm not really sure, it may be some kind of ritual in the human world!" Noi states.

     "Y/N!" Leif lights up, teleporting behind the Princess to hug her. She laughs, turning around to hug him.

     "A date actually is a ritual!" Ava says. "A sacred ritual where uh, two people decide if they want to be with that person or not."

     "What does that mean?" Peirce questions.

     "Wait, like courting with Noi?!" Rhys' eyes widen.

     "What?!" Everyone shouts.

     "What does that mean?" Ava asks, not familiar with the term.

     "Prisoner! Leave!" Asch demands. Ava looks at him confused, until Peirce walks over to her, throws her over his shoulder, and gently places her on the other side of the enchanted door.

     Rhys walks over to Noi and places his hands on his shoulders.

     "Noi, this is an important mission that I can't believe we're entrusting you with. If you can gain the approval of Ava's parents and marry her, we could use her to get the magic of the humans here!"

     "Right, Lady Bish married into our family and gave us some of her magic," Asch remembers.

     "It must work the same here right?" Y/N joins the conversation.