~Chapter 30~

Fire blazes in the white marble walls of the Daemos throne room. A velvet red carpet, lined with gold runs through the hallways, leading to a staircase where two grand thrones rest. Large marble pillars tower above the room, touching the patterned floor where the Daemos Prince, Princess, and kights converse. The other-earthly beings are no longer in their human clothes but now in fine robes with their multi-colored horns back on their head. Rhys stands on one step, looking at the Daemos royalty sitting on the thrones, thinking.

     "What do we do with this new information?" Rhys wonders, turning around to Leif, Pierce, and Noi behind him.

     "What do you mean?" Asch grunts, his hand rubbing his temple.

     "Well, we've figured out that Ava is now a Princess since her father rules over the humans. I believe we now have a key objective for being here on Earth," Rhys explains.

     "Court Ava," Pierce answers.

     "Correct," Rhys compliments.

     "Wait, so you guys were serious about that?" Y/N speaks up, leaning on her fist where her elbow connects to the throne's armrest.

     "For one of us to court Ava, it may be easier to take the magic from Earth and the humans a lot faster," Rhys elaborates.

     "Hold on, this opens up a whole bottle of questions. First off, Daemos courting a human-" Leif begins.

     "Has never been done," Asch rests his arm on the throne, interrupting Leif.

     "I would argue that now is the best time to do that," Rhys mentions.

     "We'll be put to death if we do that," Asch tells them.

     "We're already going to be executed for killing the last soul to get here and running away without a heads up!" Y/N shakes her head, the knights agreeing with her.

     "But the Daemos don't know we killed the last soul, and no one needs to know we married a human. We just want her for her magic," Rhys leads on.

     "So, in other words, we're using her?" Y/N clarifies, Rhys nodding in reply.

     "We could just threaten humans with... well I don't know. Death?" Leif's eyes glow up at the thought.

     "Leif, no," Y/N snaps. "We're outnumbered on Earth anyways, the population is high."

     "Even with all the Daemos kingdoms?" Asch asks his sister.

     "Of course, there are too many people here, and this is just one city," Y/N rolls her eyes at him.

     "There's so much potential for magic, what if I just made Ava mine?" Asch indicates.

     "Asch..." Rhys mutters.

     "That's not a good idea," Y/N speaks up.

     "Why not?" Asch glances to his side at his sister.

     "The kingdoms of Daemos are at war for our throne, Asch. If this was to happen, what's that going to do but start a whole other war from happening?" Y/N explains.

     "Let me remind you that we've been nothing but docile with Ava. I've been adamant about the idea of killing her so we can keep the peace between worlds," Asch brings up.

     "And that's all great, your majesty, but can I interject?" Rhys asks. Asch nods his head, letting him continue to speak. "You don't seem to want to move any faster than I do."

     Asch's eyes widen at Rhys' saying.

     "Let's just get the mission done," Asch grumbles, a sign of ending the conversation.