~Chapter 31~

Many weeks have passed, and most trainees have tried to get close to Y/N. Nothing has worked, and many events of trying to get close were ruined by the head Knight, Prince Asch, and the Prince's Knights.

     Callix tried getting close by challenging the Princess during sparring but always ended-up body pinned to the floor by Y/N before asking any questions.

     Xandro couldn't get a word in because what Tanix told him before was true. His short temper did remind Y/N of Asch, and she chose to avoid him with some direct insults to his fighting stance.

     Theon tried a bit to flirt with the Princess after training, asking for extra help or going for a walk. However, that also never worked, and she told him he needed to learn on his own.

     Kendrix and Tanix did nothing to the Princess and were laughing at the failed attempts of the other trainees.

     "I can't even get a read on her, it's like she's avoiding us on purpose!" Callix complained, throwing a twig at the fire.

     "Well, the rumors of her aren't wrong. She's never been close to anyone," Tanix shrugged.

     "Princess Y/N has royal duties to fulfill, she's not going to waste her time with people she's training," Kendrix explained.

     "Why do you always take her side, man?" Callix groaned.

     "Cause unlike you, he's taking this training seriously," Xandro admitted.

     "You tried and failed too! She won't even look at you," Theon pointed out, earning a snarl from Xandro.

     "What about you, Leif? Any luck?" Tanix asked the blue-eyed Daemos, who was sitting near the fire.

     "I haven't approached her yet. I've been watching all of you guys going about this the wrong way," Leif pointed to the three Daemos who have tried and failed, at the bet.

     "So you know her better than any of us?" Xandro wondered.

     "I just inspected her better," Leif explained. "Just judging by the way she acts at training, she's not gonna fall for any cheap tricks that are as dull as yours."

     "So what are you gonna do, Mr. I Know Princess Y/N Better?" Calix asked.

     "You'll see," Leif shrugged, standing up from the fire and walking away from the campsite.

     Once the Daemos was out of sight from the flaming light of the fire and the faint glowing plants of the forest, the trainees continue the rest of their night.

     Leif hurried from a walk to a fast-paced sprint, trees, and vines flashed away from his eyesight as he tried to find his way through the forest. He found the trail leading to the front gate of the castle and continued running straight. Seeing the gate in front of him, and a few Knights above walking the perimeter, he hid in the forest, looking for a way to break inside the Castle walls.

     He found a tree, tall and sturdy, to hold him. A branch stretched out from the trunk to a large window on the Castle itself. He stared up at the towering tree, took a deep breath, and began scaling the thick trunk. Minutes passed, and he finally met the edge of the trunk, a thick base inside where the branches and leaves sprout out.

     He walked on the branch that led him to the window, careful not to make loud noises for the guards to hear. He sat down, waiting for any sign of movement in the Castle.