Chapter 20: The Battle begins.

In-out-flashing-Black-brightness!!

"Lewis...this place is scary!"

"Oh Arthur, suck it up, me and Mystery will take the lower tunnel, you and Lewis take the higher ground. Love ya lewie!"

"Love you too Vivs, come on Artie, let's go, stay close if you feel that scared."

It hurts, something was torn off. Metal, the metal was torn off. It smelled...it smelled of iron...of blood!

Blood...

Blood...

Blood.

There was blood, a lot of blood, he smelt in the air.

"LEWIS! OH MY GOD!!! AAAAHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!"

"Gnnnnnn!!!" Arthur growled, the smell of blood and burning flesh and the feeling of lightheadedness and searing agony rippled through his body, causing him to writhe against the carpet, now starting to soak up his blood as the foreign arm dig bone and veins and muscles into his shoulder, ripping everything, arteries and veins open to reconnect itself.

Vision blotting in and out, mind ripping into two as vision blurred and swam, tears flowing numb and uncontrollably down his face as his world was submerged into pandemonium. Pain, a sizzling pain, deafening shrieks not belonging to him overpowered his own cries, everything unrecognizable.

He didn't know up from down, he lost all balance and self awareness. He even momentarily forgot where he was, or what was happening, because all he knew and all he could know in that moment was agony and anguish in a scale that wasn't human.

POP

S N A P!

Pain partly stopped, blood stopped, ripping stopped, but burning continued, though compared to earlier it was nothing.

Then he felt something cold and very powerful branch through his body! Something unstoppable it felt, branching, creating a feeling overpowering loss.

"Mnnuuhhg..." Arthur hissed, his left side feeling increasingly numb, vision in his left completely vanishing.

Arthur was able to move then, as well as hear, and noticed he was surrounded by spikes. He growled, but it came out animalistic, not sounding anything like a human, or like him. He hissed and with a flinch, he snarled and struck the floor, green colored fire and spikes breaking through the ground, stopping figures from getting any closer, figures he could be quite make out past the heat, burning and stiffness.

"RAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" Arthur gripped his head, shooting to his feet, anger and pain swallowing his mind, dread...caged...he felt caged.

Get away...

Get away!!! Arthur thought suddenly, and instantly began to freak out, clawing at his own face, nails digging into his cheeks, clawing at the invasive feeling, the prickling itch inside his head.

"GET BACK!" Arthur snarled, his hands suddenly whipping forwards, heat expelling from his palms, green fire materializing and rippling through the air, melting the nearby paintings, carpet slowly shifting into rock.

"ARTHUR!!!" He could hear someone a scream.

Who!? Who!? WHO!?

Someone who wants me dead.