Chapter 12: To the Mansion

Lewis and Arthur were currently on the couch, hours after the kids and confessions. Arthur was curled up on the couch, laying against Lewis, who had an arm wrapped around him.

You see, Arthur had nearly passed out not long after the crushing hug, because the lovely green demon in his head began to already make good on it's threat. He was still awake, having gotten zero sleep due to sheer fear and paranoia, so Lewis sat with him in silence on the couch, rubbing his back occasionally when the blonde would tense in pain or flinch at something spat at him in his head.

His left eye had remained green, but the whites of it was still white thank goodness.

Arthur was staring at Lewis's knees, keeping himself level headed as he heard nothing really going on around him, all noice coming from his head, that thing toying with his head and making him see things, even when he closed his eyes. In short, he was miserable, but felt justified in bringing it up.

He lost track of time, knowing it was most likely the afternoon, but all he saw in the living room then, was rotting furniture, and stalagmites slowly surrounding them, growing slowly from the ground with a sense of impending doom.

"I can't wait to run you through~ and keep you alive while doing it~!"

Arthur let out an involuntary groan and shook his head, the images flickering in and out as he fought to keep it down, failing of course, but eventually it did all melt away the moment Mystery walked in, yawning tiredly, wagging his tail behind him.

Though, he paused and raised a brow of interest at the display before him. Arthur curled up into Lewis, who was holding him almost possessively. He blinked and looked between the two.

"Did he even sleep?" Mystery frowned heavily. "He's doing this again...?" Mystery shook his head, gaining Lewis's attention.

"He has every right not to sleep as he does having the right to breathe or blink." Lewis shrugged.

"Next time he refused to, just drug his coffee. Make him coffee, resolve sleeping pills and poof, he will be out like a light." Mystery hopped up onto the couch. "Arthur, you look like trash. What's the matter?" Mystery asked, sniffing the air around him.

Arthur looked over at the dog, shifting closer to Lewis, his nose scrunching up a bit, eyebrows furrowing, making him look disgusted, though he really didn't mean too, a mannerism that subconsciously happened thanks to his parasite.

"What isn't the matter." Arthur huffed, biting his teeth together to prevent from shouting.

"...." Mystery looked to Lewis, giving him a very serious stare. "Answers. Now."

"It's...the demon thing." Lewis sighed heavily. "It's gotten very pissed and it's not giving him a break." Lewis explained. "We...listen, once Vivi wakes up we are packing a bag, and driving out to my mansion...I...I think it's on its way. You know, the rest of the green fucker." Lewis growled softly, throwing Mystery on high alert.

"You're sure?" Mystery asked.

"I'm almost positive." Lewis nodded.

"Luckily, I'm nearly fully healed." Mystery hummed. "I'll go into Vivi's room and, once she wakes, give her the news. Keep Arthur from, well, but the looks of it, bitch slapping anyone." Mystery hummed and hopped off the couch.

"..." Arthur eyed him sourly at that remark, but relaxed under Lewis's arm, sighing. "It's calmed a little..."

"So you can here me?" Lewis asked.

"Yeah, I can Lew." Arthur slowly sat up, rubbing his face.

As he was about to get up though, a Deadbeat with a filled coffee mug floated in front of him, smiling sadly and cutely. Arthur gently took it and watched as it hugged the side of his face. Arthur flushed and cooed as he pet it softly, internally screaming at the fact this thing was both soft and cute. He turned to Lewis with an expression of awe.