Chapter 28: Rooftop

It was nightfall, he hadn't moved. He wasn't sure if he wanted to remove himself from where he was laying down at. His locket rested safely in a bed of grass beside a tree and within this locket he resided.

Deep...deep in thought and consuming emotion.

Buried under a pile of rage...and vengeful thoughts. Harmful thoughts directed at someone he deeply cared about.

Thoughts he couldn't help having.

The argument that broke out was probably inevitable. He knew how Arthur gets when he feels overwhelmed, or cornered or deeply frustrated. He knew he was usually the person to explode and shout things he didn't mean, but the fact he brought up his death just grated the wrong way. He didn't feel right after hearing that despite knowing Arthur never wanted to hurt his feelings or say things thst would.

Still though, the thoughts rolling about his head were very dangerous to be having.

Throw him off a cliff...
Twist his IV shut while he slept.
Possess him to give him nightmares
Physically harm him to make him apologize.
Make stupid comments about his missing arm.

"Damn." Lewis hissed before flying out from his locket, materializing around it as it settled onto his chest.

He wants to go apologize but he didn't have the certainty that he wouldn't do something stupid in the process. If Arthur got mad or snappish he knew he wouldn't be able to hold himself back from making him scared or hurt.

Lewis gave a heavy sigh before heading back towards the hospital, materializing a pair of sunglasses to cover his abnormal looking eyes. He shoved his hands into his pockets and proceeded until he reached the front doors, slipping inside with ease. His first destination was the elevator, but at the last minute he decided to take the stairs up to the floor Arthur's room was.

As he began to acend through walking rather than levitation, Lewis recalled the events that lead him and Arthur to where they were at now. He removed his hands from his pockets and allowed his fingers to trail along the railing in thought. He remembered their relationship before he and Vivi became an item. He could perfectly see the signs now that he knew about Arthur's liking him.

"I'm stupid." Lewis gave a heavy sigh, before his face warped with rage. "But that bastard's even dumber for using my death to win an argument. What sane human being even fucking does that!? What right does he have!? None! I never showed him an ounce of disrespect that made me deserve to hear such terrible things! Uhg...im being over dramatic, but I feel like I'm somewhat justified. I need to apologize for making him uncomfortable but he also needs to say sorry." Lewis rambled on.

"Maybe I deserve his wrath. Those terrible things. Maybe I deserve worse for being the way I've been towards Vivi. I've been neglecting her in favor of my supernatural pull to Artie. I know she understands how beings like me feel, but it doesn't change much...I've also been a dick. It's super unfair for her. It's not like I still don't love her...it's...my calling, the pull on my soul just tugs to Artie more. I love him in a way that can't be properly described..and get I'm still so mad I could probably kill him with a smile on my face while doing so."

Lewis shook his head after another wave of intruding thoughts surfaced. He sighed again and rubbed his chest, frowning heavily at the memory of choking on his own blood underneath the blanket of a cave roof and his friend's, now boyfriend's maniacal laughter and his ex girlfriends hysteric bawling and screams.