Chapter 22: Hospital

The car ride to the hospital was a silent adventure filled with tensions, and Arthur's condition began to worsen. His exhaustion was getting to him, and the stress his body and soul was recently under was affecting his health. His brain would seemingly turn itself on and off, and had lost consiousness on and off the entire ride.

Arthur looked over at Lewis, catching his worried eyes. Arthur looked down at his arm he looked around the van, and saw things a bit differently then.

The metal was rusted...

Arthur frowned and slowly moved his arm to the dashboard, and ran his swollen and bruised fingers along the dash, feeling it with curiosity. His hand moved over the leathery feet before gliding to the interface. His fingers passed over a few vents before landing on the radio. His fingers touched the power, and the radio came on, playing some calm music that filled the silence.

It sounded like static to Arthur.

"I thought we...n..uncle...f-fixed th-the vann." Arthur mumbled, eyes weakly looking down at the cup holders.

"Uh... Arthur? Are you okay?" Vivi suddenly asked.

"Why...rust...gunk...." Arthur whispered, softly. "Filthy..."

"Artie I think you need to relax and take it easy. You don't sound fully here." Lewis tensed and gripped the stirring wheel.

"I don't wanna be..." Arthur spoke without hesitation.

Lewis tensed and moved his arm to drape it around Arthur as he heard Vivi gasp quietly at the line he just spoke.

"Don't you say anything like that." Lewis spoke sternly. "Got it?"

"..." Arthur blinked a few times, feeling his mind growing fuzzier. "Am I..." He trailed off, feeling everything fail to move.

Arthur slumped to the side, going limp, his eyes barely able to keep themselves open. Arthur looked to his arm, scanning over the dense bruises and bite marks, puncture wounds made with fangs. Arthur felt his eyebrows twitched as he remembered what it had said...what it asked.

How someone as unlikable as he, could be so fortunate to have someone like Lewis love him even after killing him. His eyes lifted to see an arm resting on the dashboard against the windshield. He tensed and blinked a bit before looking down at the decaying body he had. It starting to crumble away until it wasn't even there.

He was just staring at an empty seat.

"Did you hear me?" Lewis asked and looked over to find Arthur had gone unconscious.

Lewis sighed and shook his head, slowly pressing the gas pedal, beyond speeding, having his emergency lights flashing as he weaved in and out of traffic that became more and more dense.

"...Did he pass out?" Vivi asked weakly.

"Yeah." Mystery nodded weakly.

"Lewis...we need to have a very long discussion." Vivi spoke softly.

"Now isn't the time." Lewis grew visibly angered.

"No, it is the perfect time. He isn't conscious. We need to talk about us." Vivi sighed, leaning against Shiromori.

"IT'S THE WORST TIME VIVI!" Lewis snapped loudly to make everyone currently awake, shrink and wince. "Arthur is weak! He is too low on blood! And energy! To really fight his condition off! He could die and all you are worried about is US!? Come on Vivs! You are much more fucking mature than THAT! It's one of the reasons I fucked and dated you!" Lewis growled, flames exploding from his arms and hands, and had to possess the van to keep it from burning.