Chapter 29: Home

They all stood in the driveway, staring the front door down. Well, one of them was sitting in a wheelchair, but everyone stared.

Home.

So much had happened in such a short amount of time that the fact the threat is over hadn't sunk in until then. Relief was on the other end of a battle zone filled with tensions and anxieties. Relief behind the door they all refused to go near, trapped in the whirlwind of individual worries and traumas.

The worries

The ability to move on

The reality of what is to come.

A different future than planned.

A life after life.

An uncertain road ahead.

The trauma

My crazy ex is living with us and might have a thing for my owner.....

The ex I've forgotten no longer loves me, and loves my friend who killed him, and it's all my fault....

My crazy ex just so happens to be in loyalship with a girl I'm beginning to grow fond of, who happens to be related to the ones who separated us in the first place....

My only, thinks he's to blame for my death...we killed the demon that did this to us, but apart of my soul still blames him...im always mad at him...I had to make him relive his worst experience...i-I feel so out of place...maybe staying dead would have left them better off...it would have been better if I just disappeared....

My best friend loathes the fact I have a relationship with her ex boyfriend. My other best friend, whom I killed, loves me unconditionally...and I'm entirely undeserving. I was possessed by the thing that helped me kill him, and to suffer getting my arm torn off again...im pathetic...im hurting everyone all over and it's all my fault. I should just dissappear.

"Well, no time like the present. Are we going in or are we going to stand here having a staring contest with the front door?" Shiromori folded her arms over her chest.

"R-Right! Let's get inside and in our own beds." Vivi hummed after snapping out of it and rolling forwards.

Shiromori stuck beside her, and beside them both was Mystery, trotting forwards with a wagging tail, semi hopeful that being home would help everyone recover quicker and lighter their spirits. He had originally seen the outcome of this situation play out a lot happier in theory than it actually is at the moment. He just hoped happiness would surface from everyone soon.

"Fuck I can't wait to shower..." Lewis grunted as he stretched his arms over his head with a loud yawn.

"Tell me about it, I feel greasy, and I can't wash my legs until the casts come off." Vivi whined in complaint. "Which means baths."

"I can help you get baths going if you have any troubles getting around." Shiromori offered. "I can also grow some herbs for you to help quicken the healing process and better your mood. All of you can have some if you'd like." Shiromori offered and looked around at everyone.

"Kind offer." Mystery chimed.

"Maybe at some point." Arthur huffed and moved forwards towards the building as well, with Lewis following close behind.

Arthur had a bag slung over his good shoulder, a bag of his stuff his uncle had brought him, mostly just his clothes. He had also sent Galahad home with Lance as well, unable to muster up the energy to tend to his pet. He needed to focus on getting over what had happened to them all, and to fully recover from his injuries. He also needed to help Vivi around since she was currently unable to walk.