Chapter 30: Talk Time

He sat alone in the living room. It was spotless and shining in cleanliness. Every surface had been wiped down or dusted or scrubbed. The floors were clean and the fan was clean, everything was organized and sorted through.

Lewis was sitting by himself on the couch, Vivi and Arthur both were sleeping off their pain and stress, while Lewis stayed awake with Mystery by his feet in silence. Shiromori was hidden away in the office-turned-bedroom and out of sight, leaving the two in the living room completely alone.

"Is he sleeping better?" Mystery asked softly.

"He's exhausted, and with the situation settling I recommended he sleep off his stress, which he's doing. I have a deadbeat watching him. He isn't restless...and uh, yeah. Is Vivi doing okay? She won't talk to me." Lewis asked, squeezing his hands together.

"She's in a lot of pain, but she is healing slowly. Vivi's frustrated with the lack of mobility she has and has been seeking comfort from Mori. You just need to give her time, Lew. She's heartbroken." Mystery yawned out. "The best thing for her is to give her space to work her thoughts out and to let her accept you aren't able to be with her. She knows you're priorities have changed to Arthur and she knows there isn't any changing that."

"I care for her still, but Artie has literally become my whole world. She acts like I don't feel sorry about it...like I don't care..."Lewis whimpered softly and hugged his arms. "Im...I don't know...I don't regret my love for Arthur at all, not in the slightest and I'm even pissed at her for being angry with me, which is scaring me to be blunt." Lewis looked down at the dog to find him watching him closely.

"It's natural aggression. You're subconsciously viewing her disapproval as a threat to the bond, and because Arthur's guilty and in pain over it, it's making you register Vivi as a hostile entity that must be removed from Arthur's life. It's not uncommon for beings to kill their close ones if they view them as a threat to their partner. It's why I'm going to go ahead and recommend you seriously practice self restraint around her. If she yells at him you may feel tempted to even strike her, or get aggressive with her. If you begin to do this and feel your mind spiral you need to leave the room. You were confronting her a little in the van on the way to the hospital because of it." Mystery explained.

"I noticed, I called her names and grew violent...like a switch it was so sudden." Lewis shuddered. "To be honest I'm afraid I'll hurt her."

"As I said, you need to leave the room if you feel a spiral happen." Mystery nodded, licking his leg.

Lewis nodded, feeling defeated and stressed. He didn't enjoy how different he was feeling emotionally. It was odd and foreign and he didn't like the fact he was so quick to grow violent with someone he had loved as a lover previously. He didn't trust himself and his first instinct was to seek comfort from Arthur, but he was asleep and in a great deal of pain. He had also been tempted to hurt him as well, on the roof of the hospital.

"They purchased this property yes? Not rented?" Lewis asked weakly.

"Yes, it's completely paid off. You helped make the down payment." Mystery confirmed. "Why?"

"I was thinking about building a storm cellar, a decently sized one too that takes up the majority of the space underground, deep enough to allow grass to grow a couple feet deep before hitting the cement. I need a space to vent. Or maybe I'll just go to my mansion and vent there. Bunkers are very expensive." Lewis scratched the back of his neck with a heavy sigh.