Chapter 27: Don't you FUCKING Go There

"Wow... look at that." The nurse gave Arthur a cheerful grin. "You are healing miraculously fast! Your color is back to normal. Your blood work is coming back very nicely, your levels are balanced and your full of energy it seems. It's refreshing after our little scare a week ago. Your heart is still a little weak, but we have you on the right medications."

Arthur was sitting up, watching as the nurse dressed the half healed wolf bites that riddled his body. Arthur had a blanket over his legs to preserve his modesty, and he had no bandages currently on. His shoulder was still bleeding every now and then, but the fracture and bite marks were healing up quicker than the doctors anticipated. Arthur had worried about this a day prior, paranoid, however Mystery had reassured him that everything was fine.

The way Arthur was healing, the doctors he was under debated on sending him home early so he could recover comfortably in his own home. This news was discussed with his Uncle, who agreed to do just thst, as he had told them that Hospitals bummed him out.

Arthur was resting his head on Lewis's shoulder, who sat on the side of the hospital bed to comfort him. Arthur wasn't really dwelling on his bitten up arm, but rather the missing one. The smaller stub...if it was even considered a stub now thst half the joint was gone. His eyes were lingering on its marred appearance, frowning with disgust even after the nurse began to dress it and cover it up with bandages.

"Almost done Mr. Kingsman." The nurse announced the obvious.

Lewis adjusted his sunglasses and gently took Arthur's only hand into his own, holding it close to him tightly in his lap. Arthur smiled faintly at the show of affection.

"Would you mind me asking where you found such a beautiful plant?" The nurse then asked, pointing yo Shiromori's pot where she was, her bonsai tree poking out of the dirt. "I've never seen a blue and white tiny tree before."

"It's a very very old tree actually. My friend's ancestors are from Japan and this tree has been in the family for generations. She brought it in to cheer me up because I love how it looks. It's weird but fascinating right?" Arthur quipped.

"Hehehe, yes it is." The nurse hummed happily as she finished wrapping his shoulder. "There you go, dear. I'll be back to check on you in the next hour."

"Thank you." Arthur sheepishly smiled.

"You are very welcome." The nurse chimed before exiting the room.

"She is a nice woman. So, how does it feel?" Lewis asked quietly, running a hand through Arthur's greasy hair.

"Not as bad as my hair. Yuck don't touch it. I haven't showered in forever. Screw sponge baths I want a hot shower damnit." Arthur pouted in irritation.

"They are letting you take one tonight Artie, relax. Now stop dodging My question and be honest with me." Lewis spoke gently but with seriousness that didn't go unnoticed.

Arthur's eyes traveled to his shoulder. He reached his hand out and gently ran his fingers along the bandages, flinching and taking his hand away after a very sharp pain. His nearly began to wander before he caught himself and let out an exhausted sigh.

"Like last time this happened. It feels like how it did last time." Arthur whispered. "Nerve damage isn't nice to me. The damage is so severe that...well, I may have to have surgery to implant a false joint of my making."

"You need to replace the entire joint?" Lewis asked with wide shocked eyes.

"Well, half of its gone. I'm surprised they didn't remove the rest. Whatever's left will probably be fused with metal and false bone to recreate the joint. I cam have doctors repair it and attach my nerves to circuits and wires sort of like how it was last time where I had them implant my attachment piece for metal arm." Arthur explained. "Its...expensive. And very painful. I'm not sure I will get it any time soon either.  Just like last time." Arthur whimpered and shook his head.