Chapter 24: His Frustration

Hello everyone! Sorry for the long waits between each chapter. I'm dealing with a lot of life shit at the moment. Work is busy, school is fucking stress galore, and my mental health plummeted to scary depths. I'm doing semi better, and I'll try to write more consistently, but I'm just so exhausted lately that I am taking longer to publish each chapter. Forgive meh!

Anywho I hope you enjoy the chappie!

And yes, no sleep. I finished writing this chapter at 2:40am, as in the morning.

Yes...I'm a bitch who doesn't sleep worth a fuck anymore, adhd and insomnia coupled with anxiety and stress, don't particularly mix together well.

///////////////////

Even with the tube taken out Arthur refused to speak to anyone as the all spoke about what was best for him, what he wanted, what was next for him. Making his decisions for him without asking him first. They all did this in front of him for hours and hours, arguing about his wants and future like it wasn't his own to decide.

Nothing's changed.

"Lance!" Vivi shouted for the millionth time. "Paranormal investigations are an important part of society! We do people a service! We help and save people from dangers and creepy things! We bring them peace!" Vivi cried.

"What about MY peace!?" Lance growled. "What about his!? Arthur us terrified of this gig you force him into and for good as reason! It is because of this hobby if yours that Lewis is Dead and my Nephew is sitting in this hospital bed, having almost died as well! I'm calling it!" Lance slammed his head on the metal frame if the hospital bed.

Arthur's head was thundering at this point. He wanted to speak but couldn't find the energy. His mind was finally all his, and it was an empty but wonderful feeling. He wished he could enjoy it, but was stuck unable to move very well due to pure exhaustion.

They weren't letting him relax.

"It wasn't their fault." Lewis shook his head. "I like investigating the paranormal."

"Easy for you to say! There isn't any more danger for you to worry about! You literally can't die!" Lance whined.

"I can easily be devoured by another spirit jackass." Lewis folded his arms, flames flickering off if his shoulders in sourness, him having taken off his sunglasses to give Lance his sassy glare in it's entirety.

"..." Arthur sighed and shook his head slightly.

He had enough of this.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Arthur shouted, his voice like nails to a chalk board, painful to hear, raspy and sounding nothing like him.

Everyone flinched and looked at him with shock.

"I have a-a headache. L-Lance take Vivi and Mystery home, they need..a-a good place to rest." Arthur spoke tiredly. "I-I want to be left alone w-with Lewis. W-We n-need to ta-" Arthur suddenly bursted into a coughing fit, wincing all the same and kicking his legs lightly.

"Arthur don't speak. You need to rest yourself." Lance spoke.

"LEAVE!" Arthur shouted, forcefully sitting himself upwards, wincing and crying out as a ripping sensation rocked through what was left of his shoulder. "NOW! Or I'll have Lewis force you both out the damn window!" Arthur yelled, his eyes furious and bloodshot still.

"Easy! Arthur you ripped something!.." Lewis tensed and laid Arthur down, who looked away from everyone with a fed up expression. "Damnit...lance go get a nurse!" Lewis barked, his mood having plummeted.