Chapter 8: A Missing Limb

Falling, down and down and down into spikes that felt like nothing compared to what was happening emotionally.

Why...

*Crack*

Of all people...

*Crack*

Would he actually....do this to me...

*Crack!*

We were close.

*Crack!!*

We were friends...

*Crack!*

"You were everything."

* S H A T T E R *

Lewis shot up from his bed with a violent jerk, not realizing he even fell asleep until then. His body was literally engulfed with fire, and his floor had a huge scorch mark as a result. Lewis looked down at his locket to check it, only to see it illuminated with gold. Lewis exhaled loudly with releif.

"OI! Dinner! Tacos! Get out here señor!" Arthur shouted and whacked the door once. "You alive in there!? It's been ten minutes man!"

"You really asked a ghost if he was alive...?" Mystery's muffled voice also came from the other side of the door.

"It's an expression, dog." Arthur sourly hissed.

"Whatever you say gaybo." Mystery chuffed.

"Mystery, I will kick you." Arthur threatened.

"Sure you will. And you will also fly and shoot fire from your ass." Mystery sneered, him being heard walking away.

There was a silence before a loud whine came from the canine. Arthur began to scream then, and thudding sounded from beyond that door, mystery chasing Arthur, growling.

"AAAAAH!" Arthur shrieked, before grunting as he could be heard falling over something, presumedly the couch. "NOT FAIR!"

"Life isn't fair." Mystery chimed.

Lewis listened and chuckled into his hand before pushing himself off the ground and moving to the door, phasing through it with ease. He walked Into the living room to find Arthur upside down, and Mystery sitting at the table eating with Vivi, who was checking her phone, typing and excusing herself from work yet again, while also finding a new job to investigate.

"Good evening." Vivi smiled, looking up at Lewis with a hearty grin.

"Good evening to you too. Need help?" Lewis walked over, holding out a hand.

Arthur was reluctant but he grabbed it, and Instantly regretted his choice as he was yanked to his feet quicker than he could process and stumbled side to side dizzily.

"Thanks." Arthur smiled shakily before moving over to the table, sitting down.

"Sure thing Kingsman." Lewis hummed and sat himself down as well.

Lewis looked at a taco that was sitting on his plate and grew curious. He didn't need food, but he was grateful for it. He took the delicious food and ate it, barely tasting it, but he tasted enough to know it was a good taco. He hummed with delight as he ate it slowly, watching as Arthur beamed at the taco with an intense stare, knowing he was probably and resisting the urge to look at him after what happened earlier outside.

Lewis then remembered the dream and closed his eyes, thinking some to himself.

"So! Got a new job!" Vivi suddenly beamed.