Chapter 6: Stop

"I'm in your nightmares~"

"HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!!!"

"And there's nowhere to run..."

"GET AWAY!!!"

"Got you seeing double vision lately~"

"CAN YOU see what I've beComeuhh! Stop it! GET OUT OF ME!!!"

"The hunt is over~"

"And now you are mine~!"

"Hide in shadows gives you safety, baby~!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!"

"But not this time~!"

"AAAAAAHH!" Arthur woke, lunging upright, going from still and slightly sweaty to awake, and frantic.

Arthur stared forwards at his wall, eyes wide and body shaking in terror. His metal arm instinctively raised up, and gently brushed his cheekbone, right under his left eye. His eyes blinked before skittering down at his sheets, staring in a panic as the memories of his dream replayed over and over.

It was large...huge in fact, the shape of something similar to liquid. It held no form and possessed animals and then...Lewis's corpse before chasing after him.

It got inside.

His vision swam the more he lingered on it, that thing, that familiar thing, he swore he saw that thing before.

Could it be...

"Are you alright?" Vivi spoke softly from the doorway.

Arthur tensed up at the voice, his mind snapping from it's panicked state to focus on her clearly. He stared her down for a while before nodding in response, running a hand through his disheveled hair.

"Y-yeah, I think so. Bad dream." Arthur sighed and let his hands fall to his sides, before moving himself out of bed.

He then noticed the missing skeleton.

"Where's Lewis?" Arthur asked our of curiosity.

Vivi smirked at him suggestively before leaning against his door. "He's cooking breakfast in the kitchen. Lance had to round up a cleaning crew to clean his parkinglot and store, it was kind of a mess. So he won't be here. He did tell me he had an old van in the back that still ran, he's fix it up good for you."

"..." Arthur nodded and stared at her a little while longer before looking away, tense. "Alright. I-I'm...going to use the bathroom, to change these." Arthur patted his back once.

"Yeah, I changed mine this morning. I'm stitched up good and healing still, not very bloody like It has been." She rubbed her side a little.

"That's good to hear." Arthur relaxed before moving over to his table, where he proceeded to detach his metal arm. "Would you mind helping me?" Arthur mumbled out his request as he took his shirt off.

"Sure." Vivi hummed.

The two moved into the bathroom, where there Vivi began to undo the bandaging. She whistled while she worked, though, she stopped once the bandaging and wound cover was gone. Her body even stopped functioning, or so she thought.

"Jesus..." Vivi whispered.

"What!? Is it okay!?" Arthur yelped.

"A-Arthur...it's already scarred." Vivi whispered, gently touching his back. "That's, impossible...Lance said it was a very deep gash. Those take well over a week to fully heal, considering he said Lewis stated it grazed your lung. Holy shit!"