Chapter 2: morning coffee

The house was tense and quiet, and that was putting it fairly light. Everyone was injured, lance was bandages, sitting down with a grim expression that Rivaled Lewis's own scuffed and tired countenance. Mystery was in his dog form, beaten black and blue, and cut up, wearing a serious face, staring the two men down.

In the bedrooms of the house were Vivi, and Arthur, both unconscious and completely drained of energy. One having nearly died, and the other having been zapped mentally and physically.

Lace was currently soaking in everything that Mystery had just explained, as was Lewis. Both had learned the truth about their current situation, how Lewis died exactly, who that woman was, and what happened to Arthur.

"You bit. My boy's arm off to save him?" Lance questioned.

"I did." Mystery nodded tiredly. "It was either that, or his demise. There are fragments of it still in him, but it only comes out when he completely let's himself get consumed by rage."

Lewis sat there, shaking his head. "This whole time I've been mad at him, for no reason... And he won't even remember why I tried to kill him when he wakes up."

"So, is there no cure for it?" Lance mumbled, gripping his hands together tightly.

"I'm afraid not, at least to my knowledge. It's coils are buried deep in a part of Arthur's brain where Its prevented me from interfering, the only thing I can do, is allow him to forget it's there." Mystery sighed shakily due to injuries bugging him.

"..." Lance winced and looked down. "How will we explain what really happened then?"

"Well, Arthur does remember the chase, and almost dying. He remembers the fight braking out, but he thinks the van hit his head when I was thrown into it, and knocked him out. So when he wakes up you will have to explain why you tried to kill him. You can either lie about it, or have me undo his memory suppression. Than again..."

"You triggered the memories in the first place didn't you? Or at least he remembered you? If I was enough to jock them, he's going to be twice as worse if he remembers you made him forget." Lewis suddenly spoke. "Arthur isn't an idiot, he can put pieces together faster than I can."

"What will you have me do?" Mystery asked curiously.

"It's easy enough to figure out. Lewis has a point. Arthur remembering again, will probably make him angrier." Lance sighed and scratched the back of his neck. "As much as I hated seeing my boy break down, he deserves the truth, it will probably be better for him in the long run if he remembers now. Can you make him remember before he wakes?" Lance asked.

"Of course." Mystery yawned and stretched. "Would you like me to do that now?"

"Yeah..." Lewis nodded grimly.

Mystery bowed his head before his eyes flashed red. A small mysterious wind blew through the room and vanished as quickly as it was summoned. Mystery relaxed and sighed yet again, tired from all of this magic usage.

"It is done. He remembers everything. And due to this, he may or may not want to be anywhere near me. Or you." Mystery stared Lewis down. "All we can do for him now is comfort him and explain what all happened, and to prove to him, we were all victims of that cave, not just you. It wasn't his fault."

"Do you know where it's other half is? The thing that did this to us?" Lewis asked with anger.

"I'm afraid I don't. I've looked for it, it leaves behind no scent." Mystery frowned softly.

"Fuck..." Lewis sighed, shaking his head growling angrily.

Lance glanced at him with a worried and nervous eye. His eyes moved to the flickering licks if flame slithering off his shoulders calmly. His hair was made of fire as well, his skin looked regular, but everything had a magenta hue. His eyes were haunting as well, black whites with burning magenta irises, staring at him made Lance feel very bad for him, and thinking about how Arthur really lost his arm made him feel like shit for not being there to protect his nephew.