Chapter 16: A Haunting Feeling

Everyone was sitting in a living room, grouped up and in silence, staring at whatever there was to stare at, waiting impatiently, with a storm rolling in off in the distance. Arthur sat curled against Lewis in thought, mind wandering. Lewis was sitting beside him with an arm around his shoulders, also lost in thought. Mystery was resting, eyes watching Arthur closely, them not moving, in dog form on the floor, and Vivi was in a chair, fiddling with a metal bat.

The silence hanging in the air put on a strained feeling of impending doom, awaiting the arrival of the demon possessed arm. The storm would wash away the salt, but the holy water was to stay. The salt however, was a promised cage, the holy water, was an agonizing wall, but sadly, a climbable one. If the demon could bare through the pain of pushing past the barrier, that meant that they would all be trapped inside the mansion with the arm.

Cornered.

The original plan Mystery had was to use Vivi's powers to freeze and completely shatter the arm and demon within, but seeing as how it appears to have no core, that could prove to be a problem, but with this storm, that's going to be difficult. Vivi could pass through the barrier...he and Lewis couldn't. She was the key, but with the salt about to be washed away, the arm will probably grit through the pain and burns and crawl past the holy water.

Arthur stood himself up and brushed off his clothes, casting Lewis a long look before walking out of the living area and towards a hallway bathroom. Lewis, having noticed the look, followed Arthur in thinking that the blonde wanted to talk to him. Vivi and Mystery both watched the two leave in complete silence, them both seriously not in the mood to be joyful.

Arthur and Lewis walked down the glowing haunted halls and paused in the middle of one, silence followed but Arthur turned to face the man with a serious look, one that held fear and shyness and anger and something soft.

"Arthur are you alright?" Lewis asked gently.

Arthur shook his head no, looking down the hall one more time before looking back at Lewis.

"I'm far from okay. Been that way for a while now." Arthur hummed.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Lewis asked.

"Not particularly." Arthur sheepishly shrugged.

The two stood staring at one another awkwardly silent as they thought of a million things to say. They would open their mouths before clothing then randomly, unable to speak about much. Arthur eventually moved close to Lewis though, and hugged him, arms shaking lightly as he did so. Lewis grew curious by this, and hugged back with a gentle but right hold, fingers soothing his back in circles.

"I love you..." Arthur quietly whispered.

Lewis's breath caught in his throat, and his body went rigid, eyes widening completely. His head snapped down immediately and looked at Arthur as if he had grown another head. Arthur was blushing like mad, face hidden in Lewis's chest. Lewis shivered before smiling weakly, a blush forming on his face as well.

"I love you too Artie." Lewis hummed and kissed the top of Arthur's head.

"This mansion is a manifestation of yours, right?" Arthur asked.

"Of course." Lewis confirmed.

"What is the demon can manifest as well. If it gets in the house could he contort the place if he wanted to?" Arthur asked, his grip tightening. "What if he gets his hand in you? What then? I'd you get possessed...h-how...how can we fix it? How can I fix it...?" Arthur whimpered, tearing up. "WhAt if it goes for Vivi, or Mystery, or me...?" Arthur began to cry weakly, feeling Lewis's hold tighten as well.