8 - Glowing Blue

Amelie's pov
__________________

Pain. I knew what it is since I was born. You may ask how.

I was not a normal kid. I was different. So were Amara and Armelle.

For the first 6 years of my life, all I learned was brutality.

6 years. You might think it's just 6 years. But what do you think a baby would feel? Yes. I went through it as a baby too.

But that story is for another time.

"Knock. Knock. It's me Cammy!"

I opened the door. "hey. Cammy."

"wear this and get ready! You are going to be introduced to our group of friends!" Camille squealed. My eyes widened.

"uh- I- I don't think that's such a good idea."

"oh yes! It is! Trust me! They will love you! Now. Move along. And get ready!" she said and gave the bags. I sighed and took it.

...................................

I put a layer of lip gloss on my lips for a final touch.

Done.

I looked at the mirror. I was wearing a white crop shirt showing my belly button. And denim jean shorts. My hair was in a loose bun. Nice.

I heard Camille knock on the door for the 10th time. "coming!" I yelled.

I opened the door.

"ooh girl! You look good in it!" she grinned.

"Thanks." I blushed. I'm not really used to getting compliments from people out of my circle of family and friends.

"come on! We are all going to the new café in town!" she said grabbing my hand.

..................................

"you look nervous."

"that's because I am!"

"well don't be.".

"I can't control my nervousne-" I froze mid-sentence when I saw the group. The same people from that day at the café. Ouch.

Camille dragged me towards the table. When I was about to sit next to Callie, Caden stood up and sat on it leaving only one seat free. I didn't have a choice but to sit on it.

Guess who is on my right?

Yeah. My jerk mate who chose another girl.

Speaking of his chosen mate I looked at the girl on the other side of him who had her hand intertwined with his. It was the girl that was jealous that day at the café.

And from what I got to know his chosen mate is Victoria or Vicky as they call. So, this girl must be Victoria.

My heart clenched. But I didn't show it on my face. I kept a blank look, just like the one on Kail's face.

"you must be the new girl! You look so beautiful!" the girl with auburn hair gave me a bright smile.

"hi. I'm Amelie." I gave them a nervous smile.