Chap 42 - The Voice

Amelie's pov

------------------------------

I woke up shivering from the cold, I got up and walked over to the bed and lay down. I felt like I was being watched. But I ignored it.

You know, you don't have to be like this.

Startled, I looked around me.

"who is there?"

Hmm. You can't see me. I'm at the back of your mind.

"what?" I asked, scared.

Yes. I'm at the back of your mind. I am you. And you are me.

That doesn't make sense..

I know. It'll be hard to accept it. But I am you and you are me. We are the same person.

"did I say that out loud?" I gasped.

Of course not. I told you. I am you. And you are me. I can hear your thoughts.

That's creepy..

Oh is it? Don't worry. I can be your best friend. You can share everything with me. And I'll listen to you. You need someone right now. Because of everything you are going through especially. I can be here for you. I'll always be here.

"I have my sister. Amara will listen to me. I don't need you." I replied.

Oh no. You do need me. Think about this. Your sister can't always be there for you, can she? She has a life ahead of her. She needs her own privacy too. She will need to focus on her life too. She won't always have time for you.

That's true.. Ama needs to have her own personal space too.

What do you say? You know, I'll always be here for you. With you. I can help you. I'm a part of your soul. Let me help you.

Suddenly, I started to feel sleepy.

I can help you.

I felt my eyes close slowly.

Let me be your best friend. I can make you not feel any of this pain... Not even a little.

.................

This time, I woke up gasping for air. I didn't know why. But I remember faint scenes of the dream.

Kail.

Callie.

Caden. Everyone was there.

Aerowyn was lying on the ground. Dead. Bloodied.

Kaila was on the ground too. Dead. Her head separated from her body.

Another baby next to her. Dead. He didn't even have eyes. Barely with any organ... could he be...?

Everyone was glaring at me. The were yelling at me. "you were the r...... they died. You...... kill-"

But before I could remember the next part, the voice spoke.

Stop trying to remember. Didn't I tell you that I'll help you forget what pain is? I'll help you. You won't feel even an ounce of pain. Let me help you. All you have to do is, follow my instructions.