33 - His Secret

Amelie's pov
________________

The book he touched started to turn to ash. Slowly slowly. The whole time his eyes remained on me.

I screamed and took the book from him and threw it away. My hand even touched his hand. But nothing happened to me. I didn't even know what was wrong with me. I couldn't process anything. My head was a mess. I saw Kail's eyes flash with worry and panic as he stood up and hurried towards me. He wore his gloves back on and took my hand before checking them. I saw shock and relief on his face.

Kail looked at me, his lips were moving but I can't tell what he was saying. His eyes once again flashed with worry as he pulled me closer to him and helped me sit on a sofa. I saw him run away from me.

But I couldn't concentrate. The only thing in my mind was... the book turning to ashes when he touched it.

........

I felt something wet on my face causing me to snap out of whatever I was in. I saw Kail sitting before me.

"the book... it... it turned to ashes." were the first few words that made out of my mouth.

"god! Amelie! You scared me! Are you ok? God! Ugh! I shouldn't have showed it to you! Now you are gonna be scared of me even more. Fuck! I'm so stupid!" he stood up talking to himself. I grabbed his hand and stopped him. "how? How... how did... how did you do that?" I asked.

"I... you already know that I'm a hybrid. Half... half dragon shifter. Any hybrid of this kind is cursed. I'm one of those unlucky ones. I was trying to save you from this. I... I didn't want to hurt you by accidentally touching without gloves or anything. But when you accidentally touched my hand, you didn't burn. I think it's because you are my mate. I know... I... I still couldn't save you from my demon. My dragon I mean. I tried. I tried my best to keep it at bay. But it was strong. After... after you left, I lost control and it took over. Ever since then, it has been trying to control me. Then that day he attacked you for disrespecting him. I'm so... so sorry." he looked at me, I saw tears in his eyes.

I looked down at my hands. "you wanted to protect me before or after everything?"

"from the moment my eyes landed on you, yes." he said very seriously.

"then why... why did you... why did you..." I closed my eyes. "why did you h-have... s- ugh. Why did you sleep with Victoria?!" I asked him feeling myself breakdown slowly. "why did you do that?"

"the biggest mistake I ever made.... Amelie. I wanted you to hate me. I slept with her because I thought that would keep you away from me. I knew that the mate bond will make you like me, so I wanted you to hate me. That way you can stay away from me. That's what I thought. I was wrong."

I inhaled sharply opening my eyes, "then, tell me. Did you ever like me before all this?"

"yes. I fell in love with you that one minute I saw you in the café. I fell in love with you that day. I wanted to make you mine that one moment, Amelie. I wanted to tell you how much I love you, I wanted to protect you from everything bad in this world. I wanted to make you happy. God. I can't even explain all the things I felt to you just on that day." he cupped my face.

"then why did... you... kidnap me?" I asked again.

"I don't either. I myself don't know why I did what I did. The first time I saw you, I knew I had to protect you. So I thought it would be the best if I leave you alone. To not bring you into this messed up werewolf world. But the next I saw you, I saw you with werewolves. I don't know what came over me, Ams. I really don't know. I just wanted you near me. Where that stupid Alpha of yours can't hurt you. I'm sorry." he closed his eyes as a tear fell down his cheeks.

"I'm not gonna ask you to give me a chance again. I don't deserve it. I'm sorry. You deserve so much better. Much better than me." he retracted his hand and leaned in before pressing a kiss on my forehead. Then he stood up, "I won't disturb you again. I'm sorry." he walked out of the room leaving me all alone.

I wanted to give him a chance. But I can't help but hesitate everytime I remember what happened to my babies. He will hate me if he knows the truth.

After thinking about everything, I decided to tell him the truth. He told me his secret too. Maybe I should too. After all he is the father and he deserves to know the truth. If I was in his position, I would have wanted to know too.

It was decided. But I wasn't going to tell him today. I need to prepare myself for another rejection just in case. Honestly, I won't blame him if he rejects me. I can't. Because I would have done the same to myself.

I stood up and walked out of the room in hope to find Kail. When I went to the kitchen, I saw everyone there, but not Kail. They all looked up at me. "where is Kail?" I asked. They looked at me confused. "umm.. I thought he was with you?" Callie asked.

"shit." I muttered when I realised that he isn't here. I ran upstairs, I heard others call my name. Once I reached his room, I opened the door and walked in. But he wasn't there either. I took my phone and called his number. But it went to busy.

At last, giving up I sat down on his bed. I lay down pressing my face against his pillow. Slowly, slowly, his smell lulled me to sleep.

💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮

Love 😍

Quinn