45 - Xander

Amara's pov

I need to find her. I swear to God, if this is one of that evil woman, Aerowyn's doings, I'll rip her body apart and feed it to vultures. Along with Kail's body too.

I looked around me. I was so freaking tired, so I took the water bottle I bought from the human town and drank.

Gosh. I haven't eaten for a few days now. I'm so tired right now. "what the hell am I supposed to do now?"

I walked through the forest all alone. I knew there was danger around me. Not just Ereka. But there are many creatures out here in these woods. I have even encountered some of the creatures. Thankfully, all I really came across so far are tiny pixies and those fae like creatures who aren't actually fae, but evil. I also encountered some baby trolls on the way. Which explains the scratches I have all over my beautiful face now.

I heard a twig snap. Shit. It's night time. And not to mention, a full moon night. Just my luck.

The sound of howling filled the air. It sent a wave of shivers down my body. I wrapped my arms around myself.

I was cold and exhausted now. There is no way I can fight off a wolf. Or a rogue. I'm in an unclaimed territory.

Whatever it is on the other side of the bush growled. I took an arrow from my backpack along with my bow. I can shoot it. That's all I have to do. Shoot. I'll be fine.

Who the hell am I kidding?!!

A huge black wolf with red eyes jumped out of the bush. Rogue.

It stalked towards me showing his ugly yellow canines. I took my arrow and... shoot!

It's reflexes were much better as it jumped out of the way. But I wasn't done yet. I took another arrow and started shooting one after another and soon I found myself dancing with arrows with Mr. Ugly rogue. Kidding.

The rogue was good at the fight. We both were almost equal. But we both know it was just because of the bow and arrow I have. Without them, I'm almost nothing compared to a wolf which twice the size of me.

Suddenly, it jumped out towards me, knocking me to the ground. The bow and arrows fell from my hands, leaving me defenseless. Growling loudly, it lowered its mouth towards my throat ready to end me.

Well until...

A huge beige wolf jumped in out of nowhere and tackled the wolf one to the ground, away from me. They started fighting with each other. Biting each other, clawing each other. I saw the beige wolf snap the black wolf's neck and it fell on to the ground, limp. Dead.

That's when the beige wolf turned towards me. A complete feral look in its eyes. Animalistic. It growled at me. It's red eyes told me that it is just another rogue.

But there was something different about it. It looked familiar.

It howled at the moon and started stalking towards me. Predatorily. And I knew, I'm its prey.

I couldn't help but crawl back in fear. Until, my back hit the back of a tree. Shit.

It came and towered over me. Snapping it's jaw open, flashing it's razor sharp canines it lowered its head towards my throat. A feeling of dejavu filled me.

That's when I recognised the scar on its face. "oh my god. Xander." I gasped.

Its movements halted as it narrowed its eyes at me. I realised that he can't recognise me. So it went back to killing me. "Xander! Stop! Please! It's me! Amara!" I yelled. It didn't listen.