37 - A Visit To Lupus Tenebris

Amelie's pov
♬°•♬°•♬°•♬°•♬°•♬

"Amelie. You are not coming with us."

"what? I will go with you guys!" I exclaimed unhappily.

"Ams. I don't want you to get hurt, ok? I need you to be safe." Kail pleaded with me. "I know, ok? But I want to go. I'm a part of all this mess too. That bitch killed our babies. I need to go!" I begged.

"Ams. I know. I know. I really do. You are a part of this. But your safety is more important than anything else. Please don't argue with me about this. Please? Do this for me. Please. Athena, Amara, Trixie and Sophie aren't going either."

"fine." I sighed at last. "be safe. You better come back in one piece or I will kill you myself." I glared at him. He smirked and opened his mouth to say something but I knew what he was going to say. So I interrupted him. "And don't you dare say I can't do that because I'm human. Don't forget the two times I kicked your thing down there."

Kail's smirk dropped and his face paled at once. "yeah. That kick really did hurt like a damned bitch."

"then make sure to come back in one piece." I smiled. He chucked, "I love you." he looked down at my lips. His eyes moved to my lips as if asking me for permission.

We have never kissed each other ever since we got back together.

I nodded slightly as my face turned beetroot red. He didn't waste a second placing his lips on mine. It was a soft and gentle kiss filled with affection and love. And respect for each other.

"bye." he leaned back and whispered. I nodded still in a daze. "bye."

"so romantic. But sadly we need to steal your man." Camille showed up out of nowhere.

"Cammy!!! Get out!" Kail glared at her while trying to hide the blush on his face.

Giggling loudly, Camille left our room. Just when he leaned to kiss me again, Callie and Caden appeared at the door.

"time up, love birds. You can pause the kiss for now and resume later once we are back." Callie smiled. "c*ck blocker!" Caden burst out laughing.

"you damned asshole! I can't believe you are younger than me! Aaarrrghhh!" Kail threw a pillow at him and he caught it.

"I can't believe Ammy is your mate! She would look much better with me any- OUUUUUCHHHH!"

"YOU MOTHERFUCKER!" Kail ran after Caden. And Caden ran out of the room.

Callie chuckled and came towards me. "thanks. You brought our old brother. Now looking at Kail, I see the brother we used to know before. He is back for good now. Thank you." she said softly with tears in her eyes.

"don't thank me. I didn't do anything." I smiled.

Kail walked back into the room and scooped me into his arms pressing his lips on mine one last time to a passionate kiss this time. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He pulled away after a moment, "don't miss me too much." he said breathlessly. But before I could say anything, Amara ran into the room.

"for God's sakeeee! You two inseparable idiots! I think my eye vision just broke or something now! That's my sister you, imbecile!" she smacked Kail's head.

"oww! Why is your sister always so mean?!" Kail whined putting me on the ground. I laughed at them.

"this time I'm dragging you out of here!" Camille walked into the room and yelled at Kail.

"ugh! You people are so impatient!"

"huh? It's you who are impatient! Get out of this room! Now!" Callie yelled.

"but- but- this is my room and she is my mate! Not yours!"

"Get. Out!"

"ugh! Whatever! I'll go myself. Crazy bitches." Kail glared at them before storming out of the room like a kid who lost his favourite toy.

"he is so childish." Camille laughed. "come on, Cal! We need to get out of here before he comes back again. Bye, my sister in law and Ama."

"w-what?" I gapped at her.

"mwahhh, sister in law." Callie grinned before leaving the room.

"oh. God! They are crazy." I sighed.

"should I start calling Kail, brother in law?" Amara looked at me with a serious look. "Amaaaaaaa!" "kidding!"

"ugh! You are so annoying!"

"you still love me!"

"you are damn lucky that I do!"

............

"hey, Ama?" I looked at my sister who looks like she is thinking about something. It has been about 3 hours since Kail's team left.

"hmm?" she asked. She has been awfully quiet nowadays.

"what's wrong?"

"huh? What do you mean? Nothing is wrong. I'm perfectly fine." she replied quickly.

"you know you can tell me anything. I have noticed that you and Xander have been ignoring each other for a while now. What's going on between you guys?" I asked softly. I saw her face turn to sadness.

"nothing."

"Ama."

"ok. We had a disagreement. That's all." she sighed.

"really?" I asked.

"well... Xander is unhappy that I talk to Chris too much." she muttered. "what? Why? Wait. Does he...?" I gasped.

"he said he does. He even asked me to be his gf." she looked at me. "then what did you say? Do you not like him back?" I asked. "I don't know. I'm not sure of my feelings. But I do feel something towards him. Something more than friendship." she bit her lips. "then what's wrong? You both feel something towards each other." I was still confused.

"he is a werewolf, Ammy." she closed her eyes.

"so? I don't understand what you are trying to tell me."

"he has a mate out there, Ammy." Her words made me freeze.

"He is a werewolf. Therefore, he has a mate out there. A mate who will complete him and give him the love that he truly needs. When she comes into his life, I'll be no one to him, because the bond will force them to feel affection towards each other, which will soon turn to love. Besides, the bond me and Xan share now will be nothing compared to a mate bond made by some goddess. He will leave me eventually, Ammy. If not now, then soon. We aren't meant to be. He will move on. He will find someone much better than me. Even if she isn't better than me, I can never make him feel complete. Ever." tears formed at the corners of her eyes.

"oh Ama. You are right. I'm not gonna give you false hope by saying anything that would make you sad even more. But... I think you should talk to Xan about this. I'm pretty sure he won't want to commit to you if he has no reason. Ask him. Maybe there is something we don't know." I smiled at her gently.

❤️❤️❤️