35 - Her Secret

Amelie's pov
_______________

"after I left you, I met my oldest sister, Amara and Zander. They took me in. I started to see these weird dreams. There is this woman. She would run to some place. And I would follow her. Everytime she goes to a ruined pack. There were dead people everywhere. She will be standing in the middle of the dead, and will be eating human bones like a monster. She would tell me to kill someone. Everytime I wake up, I will be at home. I thought it was a dream. Until I actually saw her inside our little house. She warned me to not tell anyone. If I even try, she would show herself to me as a warning. As days went, Amara and Xander's behaviour changed. They both started keeping their guards on all the time. I could see the fear and worry in their eyes. I knew something was wrong. I confronted them once. And they told me that they saw her in the house too. That monster I just told you about. Amara started seeing the dream I was seeing. That's when I got sick." I gulped. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath.

I can't do this. This hurts so much.

No! I have to do this. It's now or never.

"I.. I found out that... I.. I was..." my voice broke. My chest started hurting, so I closed my eyes once again. "I was pregnant."

"what?" Kail's eyes widened. "w-what do you mean? How? Why?... I... how on earth?" He looked startled.

"yes. I was pregnant. With twins." a tear rolled down my cheeks. He stared at me.

"y-you mean.. I? I am..? Am I?..."

"yes. You were a father. We were parents." I choked out.

"were? What do you mean?"

"I lost them." I closed my eyes. "I'm so sorry. But th-they... they are gone. I'm sorry."

" when I... I first found out... that I was.. p-pregnan-t, I... I... I got so worried. I didn't know what to do. I was scared. I was.... I don't know. I lost hope at first. Because of how things were at that time. I didn't know how I was gonna protect the babies. I wasn't skilled. I wasn't a werewolf. I can barely hurt a fly. But... Ama and Xan gave me hope. They told me that I shouldn't give up. So with their help, I went on. I was happy. But it was for a short time. The happiness... it... it didn't last." I covered my face in my hands. This hurts so much.

"I came to know that Quinn, Ashton and all of them were kidnapped. By none other than the Vampire woman. (A/N- the scary woman in chapter 12 - The dream & night kiss) her name was Ereka. Apparently she is the lost daughter of the late Vampire king.

"According to her he is dead. She said somethings that doesn't make sense. She said we killed her father. I don't understand what she meant. But Ereka said that she wanted revenge. Revenge for... her father, Zaliver.

"so she told me that I can save my family if I come to the place she was. And that I shouldn't tell anyone. At that time, I was about 4 months and half. I was worried about the babies because werewolf pregnancy is faster than humans. So I told.... Amara. I.. told her about Ereka.... I asked her to help me. And Ereka found out... a-nd she... attacked me." sob by sob escaped my lips.

"She k-killed... my baby. She killed one of them..."

I felt Kail stiffen beside me.

"I hadn't even given birth by then. She killed my ba-by wh-while he was... s-till in my wom-b. My little Kayan. I... lost him." I cried out. My chest was hurting so bad as the memory played in my mind.

"... Then she killed all of my family members. Including my papa. She... killed everyone... After that day, she left us all alone... but I was left in depression. I didn't eat. I... couldn't. But once again Amara and Xander made me think of my another baby. They told me that I should at least try to be happy for Kaila. So I tried my best. 3 months after that, I went into labour... But my human body... c-couldn't handle the p-pain of giving birth to... a hybrid. We both barely survived. But I was... happy that at least she was safe.... I- I thought... it was finally our happily ever af-ter." I sniffed.

"but... but I was wrong. But th-the... Monster Woman from that burnt pack killed... my baby girl too. I was sleeping... I w-woke up to the sound of... Kaila's cries. But I never ex-p-pected to see h-her hol-ding my baby. I reme-mber that... day like no other. That woman ki-killed... my baby.. right in front of me. She... tore the head.. of my baby in-f- front of my eyes. I could still hear the c-ries of Kaila...... sh-she killed her... I.. I couldn't.. I couldn't.... do anything about it. I was such a... weak human. Such... a weak person. I could-n't... even s-sa-ve any of my babies. It was... all my fault. My fault. I... I'm such a patheti-c excuse of a mo-ther. All my fault." I cried.

I felt arms wrap around me. "It's ok. It's not your fault." he whispered, pulling me into his chest. From his voice I could tell he was crying too. "it is my fault." I argued. "no. Don't say that. It's... not your fault. I.. I.. Argh. This hurts." he too burst into tears.

It was a moment of sadness. We were both letting out our emotions while in each other's embrace. We let our walls down.

It feels like something heavy has become lighter on my shoulder. I feel much better now that I told him everything. I feel better than before. Better than I used to feel.

"I'm sorry, Ams." he whispered in a croaked voice. "this is all my fault. I made you suffer from the very beginning."

"no. Kail. I have forgiven you." I sniffed. "I don't deserve your forgiveness, Ams." he replied.

"Please. Don't talk like that." I looked at his eyes. "I... I want to give us a chance."

"what? Amel-"

"please. Stop blaming yourself. I know what I'm doing, Kail. I really do want to start over with you." I pleaded. "what if I hurt you again?" he asked. "you won't. Even if you or me... either of us did, we will still work it out together." I placed my palm on his jaw.

"alright. Thank you." he smiled through his tears.

"you don't have to thank me. I should be thanking you."

"no-"

"anyways. I would like to take everything slowly."

"alright. We will take baby steps." he pulled me into his chest once again, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"but can I still say that I love you?" he asked. A smile made its way to my lips as a blush reddened my face. "I take it as a yes. I love you, my little mate." he smiled.

I didn't say anything back. I nodded, smiling. But he understood.

We are going to take baby steps.

❤️❤️

What do you think guys?

❤️❤️

Quinn❤️