Chap 40 - Panic

Ok so. I decided to upload another chapter, because why not?

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

4 days after their 2nd mating

Me and Kail went to the dining room together. Today is the day Artorius and that girl or woman came back. I haven't met them though. But I'm about to now.

We sat on our seats. Kail had his hand on my thighs. He had a smirk on his lips. I shook my head. This man.

"Kail, my dear. You came." a voice spoke. I felt the hairs on my arms straighten. My breath caught in my throat as my eyes widened. I turned around and looked at the head of the table.

There, sitting next to Artorius is her. What is she doing here?

She saw me and a smile appeared on her face. A creepy smile. Her eyes held a hint of maliciousness in them.

"Kail, who is this pretty girl with you?" she smiled at Kail oh so kindly.

I felt my heart rate pick up.

"K-Kail... what is sh-"

"Ams. Meet my mom. Mom, meet my mate, Amelie." Kail introduced both of us with a bright smile on his face.

Mom?

"yes, dear. This is my long lost mate, Aerowyn." Artorius wrapped his arms around her waist lovingly.

Mate?

Aerowyn? The golden wolf?

No! It couldn't be! This has to be some kind of mistake. This has to be a mistake. A big mistake.

"Kail..." I couldn't say anymore. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I don't understand why or how this all is happening.

Why would Aerowyn do that? Why would she be so heartless? I thought she was a good woman. I read her book and everything made sense then, but now... it doesn't. Why would someone so selfless like her do something so cruel?!

"hey gu- what the fuck?!" Amara walked into the room. Her eyes widened as she stared at Kail's mother.

"what's she doing here?!" she asked angrily.

"Amara. What's wrong? Don't talk to my mom like that!" Kail said unhappily. "your mom? I can't believe this! That heartless woman is your mother?!" Amara screamed. I stared at her not knowing what to do.

Everything between me and Kail only just settled. And this has to happen? Should I tell Kail? Would he even believe me? I know for sure that Kail really loves that woman. He has told me everything about her.

"excuse me." I stood up from where I was sitting when I felt like I was gonna burst into tears. I ran all the way out of the dining room.

"Ammy! Wai-"

"Amelie!" Kail cut off Amara's voice and ran after me. I ran to our room and closed the door behind me. I felt myself fall down on the ground on my knees beside the bed. I held my head in my hands, as the flash backs filled my head. I couldn't breathe. I just couldn't. I wanted the flash. Backs to stop. But they didn't.

"stop!"

"make them stopppp! It hurts! Stop! Please!" I sobbed, clutching my chest as I screamed. It hurts. So bad.

I heard the door open and saw Kail standing next to me. I saw him go away as my eyesight blurred.

"Amelie. Amelie." I felt something being placed in my mouth. It was my inhaler. After sometime, I came back to my senses. Kail sat beside me.

"hey. What happened? Why did you panic? Why is Amara so angry?" Kail asked. I stared at his face. Can he handle the truth?

I felt tears well up in my eyes once again. I closed my eyes as a sob wrecked my body. "hey hey hey. Don't cry. Everything's gonna be ok. Tell me what's wrong. Come on, baby. Tell me what's bothering you?" he whispered. "is it something I did?"

I shook my head. I can't do this. I can't.

"I... Kail..." I couldn't talk. My head hurts so bad. "Kail... m-my head hurts. I.. She..." everytime I try to tell him, I sob.

"hey. Take a deep breath. Take a deep breath and tell me, love."

At last, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "she.. Your mom.. She..." I closed my eyes again. "my mom? What is it?" he asked again. "I know your mom, Kail! I know her!" I said at last.

Kail looked at me for a few seconds. "really? How? We only just found out that she is actually alive."

"Kail! She killed Kaila!" I yelled at last as another sob wrecked my body. Kail stiffened beside me.

"A-Am. D-don't say that." he whispered. "she would never do something like that. She is a very nice person."

"no she did, Kail! She did! She t-tore... Kaila's head off that night... I.. I could never f-forget her face. Th-those amber eyes.. It haunts me. It gives me nightmares!" I gritted my teeth.

Kail took a deep breath. "look Amelie. Stop it! That's enough! My mom is not a cruel person. She has the biggest heart in the world! She would never kill an innocent person let alone a child! Stop saying bullshit!"

"b-but Kail! I'm telling the tru-"

"I. Said. That's. ENOUGH!" he growled. "I love you, Amelie. But I won't stand you if you keep bullshiting about my mom! Got it?" he growled. His eyes turned red.

My eyes widened. My eyes welled up with tears. Of course he didn't believe me.

"Amelie!" the door opened and Amara walked in. Her eyes met mine and she ran towards me. She quickly sat beside me and wrapped her arms around me. "oh Ammy." she whispered. She held me as I cried.

"you believe her too? Oh god." Kail shook his head standing up. "for fuck's sake everyone! MY MOTHER IS NOT A MONSTER!" Kail snarled, smashing his fist into the mirror.

I flinched at the sound.

"STOP IT! STOP IT! JUST STOP IT! STOP BEING DRAMATIC! STOP ACCUSING MY MOTHER! I WON'T FORGIVE ANYONE WHO ACCUSES MY MOTHER OF ANY SUCH THING! GOT IT?! Not even you, Amelie. Not even you. So shut. Up." Kail said harshly. All I could do was nod out of fear.

Amara helped me stand up. "she'll be staying with me tonight." Amara said and took my hand before leaving the room, pulling me with her, without waiting for Kail's response.

..............

That night, I fell asleep in my sister's arms while crying as she comforted me.

Amara was furious after everything. But I guess, Kail's reaction was something I expected. After all she is his mother, and I am just his stupid mate.

................

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

Ooooookkkkk. So tell me..
What do you think about Kail now?

Amelie?

Aerowyn?

Artorius?

Amara?

Quinn🌷