9 - Amelie's Past

Amelie's pov
____________________

I pulled my t-shirt up and showed her the glowing vein like big mark that's all over my back. She gasped.

"I was born into a farm." I started.

"a farm where people sell organs. Not just that. They do experiments on us. They are humans." I said bitterly.

"my parents were one of those unlucky people who got selected by those evil men. Mama was pregnant with me. No. With triplets. Me, Armelle and Amara." I chuckled.

"I... when she gave birth to us... how am I supposed to say this? Me, Amara and Armelle... The 3 of us were connected by our hips. Those men separated us. It was a risky operation. But it went well other than the part I lost one of my kidneys. It failed because of the operation. And because I lost my one kidney, the other 2 did too."

"they thought we were separated that way. But we weren't. They figured it out later. When one of us feel pain, the others will too. We were connected."

"That's how the 3 of us became their number one experiment. I was the top 1. My name was 001. Amara was 002. And Armelle was 003. They started doing different experiments on us. Each time any of us feel pain, the others will too. As we grew up, it became worse and worse to the point they physically hurt us." I continued.

"Armelle was raped at only 3 years old. Me and Amara felt her pain with no difference. Amara gets beating every once in a while because of her sharp tongue. Me and Armelle feel her pain. And then me. They sold one of my lungs." a tear fell from my eyes.

"however when they realised if the other 2 still has the lungs and I don't, either me or both Amara and Armelle will die. Because we have to be the same no matter what. Like I said before we were connected in many ways. So they took my sisters' left lung too. And then there was the experiment." I sobbed as Callie hugged me.

"the 3 of us were put in one experiment. They took 3 mermaid cells and put it in our body. Not just that. But a few other types of cells too. The experiment failed. They did it again and again without giving up because they believed one day it would work. Every time the experiment fails we get punishment." I was shaking by now.

"it was when we were 6. We were put in for another one of those crazy machines. They were getting ready to take our right hand off. They were so ready to take it off and sell yo some filthy rich man. I remember us crying before a man burst into the room saying something about a new way of an experiment. As soon as the boss heard it, we were taken to the experiment room." I closed my eyes.

"they did all that painful things on our body. Just as they finished it, we were attacked. Somehow our parents got out of their prisons and got to us. They took us out of that hell hole without those men knowing."

"So we didn't know if we failed or passed the experiment. Or what the experiment was about either." I sighed.

Once again I pulled my t-shirt up and showed another many markings like the one glowing. But they weren't glowing. They were below my neck area but a lot smaller than the glowing one.

"do you see the little ones. They are the failed ones. The glowing one was like that before. I mean black. But large as it is now. However today it started to glow. I have a feeling the experiment passed. But what now? That's what I don't know. I don't know what the experiment was about." I turned towards her. She had tears streaming down her face.