21 - She Loves Him, But He Broke Her

Kail's pov
_________________

"Kail. Son, don't do this. You are making a big mistake. You will realise it later. But later will be too late." Viladmir said to me for the hundredth time.

"Uncle Vilad. I know what I'm doing. I'm not happy, ok? It hurts me so bad. And I know it hurts Amelie more. But this is for her own good. I need her to hate me. That way she will stay away from me." I replied ignoring the intense pain in my chest.

My heart was begging to go back go Amelie and apologise. To tell her the truth. To bring her into my arms. And to taste her again. To feel her soft skin against mine. Again. That's what I want. What I need. But I can't have her. I can't.

If I'm to keep her safe, then I'm doing what I have to do.

And I know I'm being a lot harsh on her. But then how else am I supposed to make her hate me?!

'KAIL! YOU MOTHER FUCKER! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!' Callie's voice rang in my mind, making me roll my eyes. 'what now, Cal?' I asked.

'you are such a fucker! I hate you so much right now! My best friend is gone because of you! She left, you asshole!' her words hit me hard.

'what? What do you mean by she left?!' I asked.

'Amelie is gone! There is a fucking letter for you on her bed! This is all your fault!'

Immediately, I jumped from the couch and ran towards my mate's room.

I burst through the door to see a very mad Callie with tears in her eyes. She looked ready to kill. As soon as I entered, she turned towards me with the meanest glare I have ever seen on her face. If looks can kill, then I surely would be 6 feet under the ground.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SO MEAN TO HER! SHE IS YOUR MATE! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" she screamed at me making me wince. She tried to lunge at me, but Tristan wrapped his arms around her waist to stop her.

"I HATE YOU RIGHT NOW! I'M NOT FORGIVING YOU TILL SHE IS BACK!"

She continued yelling at me. But her words were blocked out of my mind when an angelic voice appeared in my mind.

'Goodbye Kail.' Amelie's words reached me through the mate bond.

My heart clenched. I let out a growl.

'where the hell are you, Amelie?!' I snarled in my mind. But there was no reply which only means that she is out of reach. She is far, far and very far away from me.

I felt tears in my eyes, but I refused let them fall. I knew it's my own fault that she ran away.

It's my own fault.

'indeed it is!' Damien growled at me in anger.

'if you didn't reject her, she would have been here! With us! As our mate!' Drakos hissed at me.

'I know. And I'm sorry.'

'well sorry isn't going to bring her back, now is it?!'

I knew he is right. It's my fault. But I did it for her safety. I'm not good enough for her!

I looked at Callie who is glaring at me. "where is the letter?" I croaked.