Ch. 8; Training

Months had passed since Aila's first transformation. Each day Annie shared more and more information with her dorm mates. And each time she did, she blew their minds. Aila had been secretly training with Annie in their free time to get a handle on her titans abilities and transformation. So far Annie had taught her how to transform just sections of her body and how to control all of her abilities, however the only thing she has mastered is her control over herself when she transforms. Aila has grown both mentally and physically, she's become more toned and in tune with her mind. Annie has also been training her on how to use her technique that her father had created. Aila was better than everyone in hand to hand combat except for two people, Annie, whom she is on par with, and Mikasa, whom she can't seem to beat. Although antisocial outside of the dorm room, the four girls had grown quite closer to each other since the titan incident. Mikasa and Annie shared their pasts, and Sasha only talks to the three of them in her natural country accent. Aila hadn't felt this loved and at home in three years, and for the first time in that time span, she was happy.

A year had passed, Aila had mastered her titan abilities and soldier capabilities as well. She got a perfect score on everything except lectures. She not only grew close to her dorm mates, but she also seemed to become close with Ymir and Christa. Although this was good for Aila, Mikasa, Annie, and even Sasha were a bit jealous of them. Annie and Aila had gotten the closest out of the four, they were almost always seen together. Some of the cadets even made side comments about how they seemed like a couple, and even though Aila shrugged them off most of the time, Annie seemed to try and hide her face every time she heard it. Sasha became great friends with Connie and Jean, two other cadets in their year. And Mikasa was always seen with Eren and Armin when she wasn't with Aila. It was October 28th of 849, commandant Sadies had decided that that that days' training would be ODM training to see how much the cadets had improved.

The 104th stood in perfect formation awaiting the commandants orders. "ATTENTION!", the commandant shouted, every cadet saluted and shouted, acknowledging that the commandant had their attention. "Listen up! Today we're doing ODM training! Everyone will start at the beginning of the trenches towards the hand to hand combat training grounds! Once I set off a green signal flare, each and every one of you will set off and race to the end of the small area of trees we have! This will be graded so I expect you all to do your best! Now everyone suit up and be ready to begin in twenty minutes! DISMISSED!", the commandant shouted as he turned to head towards the starting area. Aila loved the feeling of using ODM gear, she felt as if she was as free as a falcon flying to its next destination. She started towards the equipment room where the gear was held. She grabbed a set and attached it to herself, she walked over to the gas holding containers and began to fill her canisters. She felt someone come up from behind her and hug her, wrapping their arms around her neck. She jumped at the contact, her face began to warm up as a faint blush spread across her cheeks. She turned to see was hugging her, it was Mikasa. She felt her face heat up even more, she began to shake nervously. "Hey Ail, we have't really had any alone time lately", Mikasa said so close to Aila's neck, making Aila quiver. "M-Mika! H-Heyy! Yeah uh.. I've j-just been so busy with the um... training!", she managed to spit out, trying to avoid Mikasa's eye contact. Mikasa knew what she was doing, she smirked at the knowledge that she gives Aila butterflies. She tightened her grip around her neck, she rested her chin in the creak of Aila's collarbone. She turned her head to have her eyes meet Aila's, Aila froze. She felt the urge to kiss her again, to feel the warmth of her breath and lips against her skin. Mikasa couldn't help but feel the same, the two began to get lost in each others' gazes. Mikasa closed her eyes for a moment, forgetting about the others in the room, and leaned her face in closer to Aila's slowly, bracing for a kiss. "I think that's enough", a voice said sharply from behind them, they turned to see an icy stare from Annie's ice blue eyes.