Ch.7; The Raging Titan

Annie wasted no time, she knew exactly what that strike of lightning was. "GRAHHHHHHHH!", a roar came from the forest, Annie picked up the pace and met up with a tall, seventeen meter titan. She stepped back a bit, not knowing whether Aila was in control or not. Mikasa soon caught up, she stopped and gasped, "A-Annie?! What the hell is a titan doing here?!" "That's not a normal titan... it's someone we know", Annie told Mikasa, still mesmerized by the titan's unique form. Sasha soon caught up, "GAH! What the hell! A titan?! How'd it get here?! I'll go get the commanda-", she was cut off by Annie. "That won't be necessary", Annie stepped forward and took a deep breath. "AILA! CAN YOU HEAR ME?! YOU KNOW US! YOU KNOW ME! PLEASE... just... come out!", Mikasa and Sasha's eyes grew wide with disbelief. "W-Why're you calling the titan Aila..?", Sasha asked, confused and scared. Annie slowly turned around and looked both girls in the eyes, "Whether you want to believe me or not, that titan is Aila.." "Prove it", Mikasa said sharply. Annie then stepped forward and flicked her ring, where a sharp piece of shrapnel was revealed. She turned to the girls and said, "Watch", and with that, she sliced her finger on the ring. BOOM! CRASH! A strike of lightning hit Annie, and from where she was standing, a titan emerged.

"What.. the.. HELL?!", Sasha exclaimed, jumping back behind Mikasa. "N-No way.. they can turn into... titans?", Mikasa asked in shock and disbelief. Annie looked down at the two, she gestured them to back away, then turned to face Aila. Aila turned and faced Annie, she snarled, she wasn't in control of herself. "Damn it.. I don't wanna hurt her but... in this state, she might hurt Mikasa and Sasha!", Annie thought to herself as she looked through the eyes of her titan. She began to get into her fighting stance, she didn't know of any other way to take out Aila without hurting her and the others. But to Annie's surprise, Aila also took on a fighting stance! This wasn't good at all, someone was going to get hurt. "Shit, guess I don't have a choice. And what titan does she hold?! The jaw titan? But that's impossible, she would have had to have been there that day! Oh well I guess we'll find out..", and with that, Annie threw the first punch. CRACK! Annie's fist landed on Aila's cheek, Mikasa gasped and jumped forward. "ANNIE! STOP YOU'LL HURT HER!", Sasha grabbed a hold of her arm, desperately attempting to hold her back. Annie looked back, knowing Mikasa was right. Annie sighed, she turned back around where a wobbling Aila was standing up again, Aila's eyes were empty, she wasn't in control at all. Annie got back into her stance, but before she could do anything, Aila roared. "RAAAAAAAAGH!", Aila turned and elbowed Annie in the face. Annie's face had been half torn off! She looked back up to see her skin dangling off the edges of Aila's strange elbow protrusion, it was sharp, like a claw. Annie, began to harden her heel and leg, however she was hit in the stomach by another sharp blow. She looked down to see another protrusion coming out of Aila's knee that was lodged into her stomach. She coughed out some blood and backed away, holding the wound that would soon heal. Annie didn't want to hurt Aila, but she gave her no choice. Annie stood back up and got into fighting position, she hardened her entire right foot. Then, with a swiftness of a jackrabbit, Annie swung her leg and kicked half of her head off. 

CRASH! Aila's titan fell to its knees, Annie soon collapsed next to hers. Mikasa and Sasha soon joined the two, "AILA!", Mikasa screamed as she watched her emerge from the titans nape. Annie joinedthem as she emerged from her titan, coughing up blood. She slid down her titans' arm onto the grass, holding her stomach. She collapsed onto the ground, trying to catch her breath. Sasha ran to her aid, "ANNIE!", she held the wounded blonde in her arms. Mikasa however jumped atop Aila's titan carcass and pulled her unconscious body out of the steaming mess. She jumped down and joined the wounded girl, holding Aila in her arms. "Are you ok?" Mikasa acked, kneeling to Annie's eye level. Annie looked up, coughing up more blood. She then turned her attention to Aila, who lay safe in Mikasa's arms. She sighed in relief and for what seemed like the first time, smiled. "Yeah, I'm alright", Sasha helped her up, throwing her arm  over her shoulder as she gently held Annie's waist, trying to support her. "C-C'mon.. we have to get out of here before Sadies gets suspicious", Annie muttered out. The four then turned and walked towards the camp, still shocked at what they had just watched unfold before their eyes.