Ch. 5; Experiments

Aila slowly began to open her eyes, the area around her blurry. She groaned, feeling dizzy and lightheaded. She realized what had happened, someone kidnapped her. She frantically looked around only to find herself encased in an dark warehouse, tied to a chair by her wrists, ankles, and around her arms and torso. "So, you're awake I see", an unfamiliar voice said from the shadows. "Wh-Who's there? W-What do you want with me?!", Aila shouted in panic, not knowing her kidnappers intent. A man stepped out of shadows, he was tall, old, wore a hat that had dried blood on it, he had a small thin beard, and a nightmarish smile. "Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Kenny, although my celebrity name is 'Kenny the ripper', hah!", Aila sat there confused and scared. "P-Please.. I haven't done anything, j-just what do you want from me?!" "Quiet, listen kid it ain't nothin' personal, I'm just doin' my job", Kenny said, turning away from her, tipping his hat. Before Aila could say anything else, another man emerged from the shadows. He was short, slightly obese, had a mustache and a creepy vibe about him. With him he carried a small bag, he began to walk towards her. "That's enough Kenny, hello, my name is Rod Reiss" "I-I don't know who you are ok? Please just let me go back to camp!", Aila shouted, tears welling up in her eyes. Rod set the bag down and pulled out a long case, he opened it to reveal a syringe and a mystery fluid.

Aila's eyes grew wide in horror, not knowing what kind of experiments they were going to preform on her. Then, out came a man dressed in all white, he looked fragile, weak. He kneeled down to the floor, there lay chains for his feet and arms. Kenny came up behind him and began to chain him up, and yet the man did not fight back at all. "H-Hey! Let him go! Let us both go!", Rod looked up her, filling the syringe with the mystery liquid. "Don't worry my child, you are about to be bestowed a gift that will make you a demi-god" "W-What?", Aila was confused, she had no idea what he was saying. "D-Don't! I'll scream and tell the authorit-" "Oh sweet child, you won't remember a thing for a long while, the only thing that you will know is your titan's name and how to activate it and it's abilities. Aila began to panic, "TITAN?! WHAT?! B-BUT I'M HUMAN!", Rod told Kenny to step away and began to inject Aila with the mystery serum. Aila cried and shouted, "NOO! PLEASE I BEG OF YOU, STOP THIS!", Rod quickly jumped back and with that, BOOM! CRASH! A flash of lighting struck Aila.

Back at the dorms, Mikasa had noticed that Aila was still gone. She began to worry. It was late, around one in the morning to be exact. None of the girls of the dorm room had slept. "Where the hell is she?", Annie blurted out, slightly panicked. "Y-Yeah.. something doesn't feel right", Sasha said in agreement, Mikasa jumped down from her bed and put her shoes and jacket on. "Where are you going?", Annie asked, sitting up from her bed. "To go find Aila of course", and with that, Mikasa left. Annie sighed and got up as well, repeating Mikasa's process, Sasha did as well, and with that. The three had left in search of Aila. Mikasa was already rushing to the bathroom to see if she was still there, but there was no sign of her. She began to panic and turned around to the other two. "Sh-She's not here.. we have to find her! I have a terrible feeling something bad has happened to her", Annie began to sweat with worry. "Split up, Sasha, check the barracks, Mikasa, check the other girl's dorm rooms, I'll check the training grounds", they all nodded in agreement and split up.

Aila opened her eyes to feel steam comming off her body, she looked down and saw a titan carcass depleting! She gasped and tried to break away, but was stopped by a tug on her arms, face and legs. She looked down to see a nervous system of some sort connect her to the body! She screamed, ripping herself out of the titan, falling backwards onto the ground, she looked around to see no one there, except for a pool of human blood. Aila gagged, she threw up . "W-What happened to me?! I can't remember anything!", Aila thought to herself. She tried to stand but fell to her knees, she felt weak. Her head was pounding, her vision going blurry, she managed to stand herself up by leaning on the wall. She looked around and found an exit, she began to walk towards it, but her vision was fading, she managed to reach the door, but collapsed soon after. Kenny emerged from the shadows, picking her up and throwing her back into the back of a wagon. He sat on the seat to steer the horses, and whipped the horse, heading off to the cadet camp.

Annie couldn't find anything, no tracks, no hair, no nothing. She was beyond worried now, she was scared. She met back up with Mikasa and Sasha at the bathroom, they hadn't found anything either. "Shit.. what if a wolf or bear took her?", Sasha exclaimed with worry. Mikasa highly doubted that was the case, Annie agreed. "We have to tell the commandant that she's missing, something really bad could've happened to her. The three began to run towards the Commandants quarters, Annie viciously banging on the door. "COMMANDANT SIR! IT'S URGENT!", Mikasa shouted. Sadies opened the door angerly, "DO YOU NITWITS HAVE ANY IDEA AS TO WHAT TIME IT IS?!" "Sir! We believe a cadet is in serious danger!", Mikasa shouted while saluting. This caught Sadies's attention. "What do you mean? Who?", he asked worried, "Aila Brandt sir! She has yet to return to the dorms with us and we've searched the ground but there's no sign of her!", Annie slightly raised her voice, she was worried, but who wouldn't be. "This is serious, cadet Braus! Go and alert both dorms that we have a cadet missing! Tell them they must all get up and help search for her!", Sasha saluted, "Sir!", and with that, she was off. "Cadet Leonhart and cadet Ackerman, both of you alert security, leave no post without informant!", the two saluted and were off.

The wagon had stopped, Kenny grabbed hold of Aila and cut her everywhere. He knew her healing abilities wouldn't come into factor until she was aware of her power. He carried her to the camp and threw her down, he then walked away, leaving no tracks. Aila groaned, she had wounds everywhere. He had cut her arms, legs, torso, back and face. She was bleeding all over, she had bruises too. She laid in the dirt, her clothes were torn up. Annie had done as she was told and went around telling the guards at the posts the situation, when she came around to the back of the grounds where ODM training was to be done, she heard a small, weak groan of pain. She leaped towards the sound, her eyes widened in shock and horror as she found a bruised, bloodied, and battered Aila laying on the ground, half dead. "AILA! OH MY GOD!", Annie pulled the unconscious girl into her arms, checking to see if she was breathing, she sighed in relief after feeling her soft, weak breaths. Although small, Annie had managed to pick Aila up over her back and run towards the camp, "Just hang in there Brandt.. please!", Annie thought to herself as she ran.

Annie finally reached the camp, she met up with the other cadets who were out looking for Aila, "QUICKLY! SOMEONE GET COMMANDANT SADIES AND A GURNEY!", Annie shouted, resting Aila down in her lap, trying to wake her up. Mikasa, who was by a guard post, noticed the commotion and headed towards it. When she got to see the center of attention, her eyes grew wide in anger, horror, and sadness. She leaped forward, shoving the other cats out of the way. "AILA! WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?!", Mikasa shouted, nearly crying. Annie spoke up, "I'm not sure, I was out telling the guards the message when I heard groans in the distance and found her like this", Mikasa took Aila out of Annie's arms, cradling her, wiping the hair from her face. "I-Is she.." "N-No.. not yet at least, if she doesn't get help soon she will be though...", Annie responded to Mikasa. Mikasa buried her face into Aila's chest and began to sob. "I-If only I was here.. I- I could've protected her!", Sasha returned from the dorms with the rest of the cadets. She gasped and ran over to the three. "AILA! Oh my god!", Annie explained to Sasha the same thing she had told Mikasa. Annie gently lifted Aila's arm, examining the bruises and cuts, "Was this.. really an animal attack?" "No", Sasha said immediately after. "I come from a hunting village, I know what animal claw and teeth marks look like.. this was done by a person...", she said in a somber tone. Annie's fist clenched, her eyes turned to cold, icy fury. "Who..", she said lowly, she looked up at the other cadets and shouted, "WHICH ONE OF YOU PIECES OF SHIT DID THIS TO HER?!", she was cut off by a hand on her shoulder, it was the commandant. "That's enough, cadet Leonhart", Annie relaxed a bit, settling down. "Cadet Ackerman, can you carry her along with Leonhart to the infirmary?", Mikasa sniffed, looking up and wiping her tears, nodding as her expression turned to anger. Aila was rested on the gurney, and carried to the infirmary by Annie and Mikasa, who were both set on getting revenge on whoever did this to her.